The Good Witch's Wonder
|The Good Witch's Wonder|
|Based on||Characters created|
by Rod Spence
|Written by||G. Ross Parker|
|Directed by||Craig Pryce|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Running time||84 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Whizbang Films|
|Original network||Hallmark Channel|
|Preceded by||The Good Witch's Destiny|
|Followed by||Good Witch (TV series)|
The Good Witch's Wonder is a 2014 Canadian/American family film and Hallmark Channel original movie written by G. Ross Parker and directed by Craig Pryce. The film stars Catherine Bell, Chris Potter, Catherine Disher, Matthew Knight, Hannah Endicott-Douglas, Ashley Leggat, Peter MacNeill, Rachel Wilson and Connor Price. Wonder, the seventh film in The Good Witch film series, premiered on Hallmark Channel on October 25, 2014.
Cassie Russell (Catherine Bell) is given little time to plan her stepson Brandon's (Matthew Knight) wedding to Tara (Ashley Leggat). In addition, Martha (Catherine Disher), Middleton's new mayor, wants Cassie to head a silent auction fundraiser for the Middleton Botanical Gardens. When Audrey (Rachel Wilson) arrives in town looking for a job, Cassie hires her to work in her store, Bell, Book & Candle. Audrey even offers to help with the auction. However, Cassie becomes suspicious when items for the auction go missing. She must use her powers, and the help of Martha and husband/police chief Jake (Chris Potter), to uncover the truth.
Meanwhile, Lori (Hannah Endicott-Douglas), now a college student and a fellow writer on the newspaper, is desperate to find a date to her brother's wedding. Jim (Connor Price), the editor of the newspaper, likes Lori, but Lori herself doesn't know that Jim really likes her. He goes out of his way by crashing her dates and ultimately harassing her to show his true feelings for her. Lori finally learns of this and tells Jim that she's not just looking for a date to her brother's wedding, but what she was really looking for was really a boyfriend. The two share their true feelings to each other and kiss. Lori invites Jim to the wedding and end the movie as boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Catherine Bell as Cassandra "Cassie" Russell
- Chris Potter as Chief Jake Russell, Cassie's husband
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Matthew Knight as Brandon Russell, Jake's son
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori Russell, Jake's daughter
- Ashley Leggat as Tara, Brandon's fiancée
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan 
- Rachel Wilson as Audrey
- Connor Price as Jim, Lori's love interest
- Lily-Fay Mowbray as Grace Russell, Jake and Cassie's daughter
This is the last "Good Witch" to feature Chris Potter as Jake Russell and Matthew Knight as Brandon Russell. Brandon was aged up and recast for the Television Series with Dan Jeannotte taking over the role and Jake was killed off between "Wonder" and the Good Witch series due to scheduling conflicts with Chris Potter's work on Heartland.
- "The Good Witch's Wonder credits" (PDF) (Press release). Hallmark Channel. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "The Good Witch's Wonder press release" (PDF) (Press release). Hallmark Channel. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 3, 2014. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 28, 2014). "Saturday Cable Ratings: College Football Wins Night, 'Sex Sent Me to the ER', 'Doctor Who', 'Attack on Titan' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on November 18, 2014. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- "Why did Good Witch; kill off Jake? Catherine Bell explains". zap2it.com. 7 March 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2016.