|Original work||real-life fictionalization|
The Governator was first announced via Entertainment Weekly with Lee co-developing into an animated TV series and comic book on March 30, 2011 with the comic book title coming out first in 2012. Schwarzenegger announced his return to acting at a press conference in MipTV in Cannes with a series trailer with the addition of a game and 3D animated film to the project. Lee was developing the series alongside Andy and Amy Heyward of A Squared Entertainment. German-based Your Family Entertainment was handling the world sales rights. The comic book series was planned to be published under the Stan Lee Comics joint venture.
On May 20, 2011, A Squared Entertainment announced that production of The Governator was halted in the wake of Schwarzenegger's infidelity scandal.
The Governator featured a fictionalized Schwarzenegger who after stepping down from his role as Governor of California became a superhero in order to fight crime. His real-life family and Brentwood home would have fictional counterparts with the home having an Arnold Cave under it as a base of operations. To assist in crime fighting, the cave would have high tech vehicles, super suits, gym and a group of sidekicks. One sidekick is his cyber security expert, Zeke Muckerberg, a teenage computer genius. The Govenator would go up against G.I.R.L.I.E. Men (Gangsters Imposters Racketeers Liars & Irredeemable Ex-cons), his recurring supervillains. A recurring character shown in the trailer is an investigative reporter, voiced by Larry King.
- Svetkey, Benjamin (March 30, 2011). "Arnold Schwarzenegger is back as 'The Governator'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Roxborough, Scott (April 4, 2011). "Arnold Schwarzenegger Announces 3D 'Governator' Film". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Governator' officially a no-go". Los Angeles Times. May 20, 2011.
- Dredge, Stuart (April 4, 2011). "Arnold Schwarzenegger launches animated series The Governator". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- The Governator at the Internet Movie Database
- 'The Governator': Exclusive First Look at Entertainment Weekly
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|