The Graveyard (video game)
|Developer(s)||Tale of Tales|
|Publisher(s)||Valve Corporation, Apple|
The Graveyard is a computer art game developed by Belgian developer Tale of Tales in which the player assumes the role of an elderly woman walking through a graveyard to a bench. A song begins to play, after which the elderly woman walks out of the graveyard and the game ends. The difference between the free trial and the full game is that in the full game, every time it is played there is a small chance the elderly woman dies of natural causes.
Gameplay is very simplistic, and even the artwork has a very unpolished feel, however they are enough to deliver the story. It has very much something of a whipped up in a weekend or "concept" feel to it, and the narration although well supported by subtitles is only in Dutch.
The Graveyard was nominated for the Innovation Award in the Independent Games Festival 2009  The Graveyard was one of the inspirations for the Tibetan village scene in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
- Kohler, Chris. The Graveyard’s Ten-Minute Tale Of Death. 21 March 2008.
- Siegel, Scott Jon. Check out indie art game 'The Graveyard'. Joystiq. 4 April 2008.
- "The Graveyard". Tale of Tales. Retrieved March 10, 2009.
- "IGF". IGF. Retrieved April 4, 2009.
- Kumar, Mathew (October 7, 2011). "IndieCade: Uncharted's Unlikely Indie Inspirations". Gamasutra. UBM TechWeb. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
|This article about a video game released for personal computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|