The Great-West Life Assurance Company
|Industry||Financial Services (Insurance)|
|Founder||Jeffry Hall Brock|
|Headquarters||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Paul Mahon (President & CEO)|
Number of employees
The Great-West Life Assurance Company (also Great-West Life, French: La Great-West, compagnie d'assurance-vie) is a life insurance company. Its headquarters are in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Its President and CEO is Paul A. Mahon.
GWL Realty is the Toronto-based property and asset management arm of the Great West Life established in 1993.
History and ownership
Great-West Life was founded in 1891 in Winnipeg.
Great-West Life is currently a subsidiary of Great-West Lifeco, which is a joint-stock corporation traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The majority owner of Great-West Lifeco is the Power Corporation of Canada, which administers Great-West through the Power Financial Corporation.
- "Company Profile for Great-West Lifeco Inc (CA;GWO)". Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- Dubinski, Kate (April 3, 2019). "London Life insurance company to be called Canada Life". CBC News. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- Official website of Great-West Lifeco Inc, Great West Life Assurance Company's parent corporation.
- Official Web site of Great-West Life
- Official Web site of the Power Corporation of Canada
|This article on an insurance company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|