The Great Hack
|The Great Hack|
|Directed by||Karim Amer|
|Produced by||Karim Amer|
|Written by||Karim Amer|
The Cambridge Analytica scandal is examined through the eyes of several involved persons.
- Carole Cadwalladr
- David Carroll
- Brittany Kaiser, former business development director of SCL Group, the parent company of Cambridge Analytica
- Julian Wheatland
- Christopher Wylie
The Great Hack holds a 85% "Fresh" rating and a weighted average of 7.24/10 on Rotten Tomatoes based on 39 reviews, with the consensus being, "The Great Hack offers an alarming glimpse of the way data is being weaponized for political gain -- and what it might mean for future elections." Peter Bradshaw writing in The Guardian said the film concerned "the biggest scandal of our time: the gigantic question mark over the legality of the Brexit vote" and awarded it five stars.
- "Netflix documentary The Great Hack turns the Cambridge Analytica scandal into high drama". The Verge. July 8, 2019.
- "Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Great Hack' On Netflix, A Documentary About How Cambridge Analytica Mined Our Personal Data And Who Blew The Whistle". Decider. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- "Netflix's The Great Hack Brings Our Data Nightmare to Life". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-09-13 – via www.wired.com.
- "'The Great Hack': Film Review - Sundance 2019". The Hollywood Reporter. July 8, 2019.
- The Great Hack at Rotten Tomatoes
- Bradshaw, Peter (23 July 2019). "The Great Hack review – searing exposé of the Cambridge Analytica scandal". The Guardian. London, United Kingdom. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-07-31.