The Great Santa Claus Switch
|The Great Santa Claus Switch|
|Written by||Jerry Juhl|
|Directed by||John Moffitt|
|Narrated by||Ed Sullivan|
|Music by||Joe Raposo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original release||December 20, 1970|
The Great Santa Claus Switch is a musical Christmas special featuring Jim Henson's Muppets. It first aired on CBS on December 20, 1970 as an episode of The Ed Sullivan Show. It was directed by John Moffitt, written by Jerry Juhl, with music by Joe Raposo and puppets by Don Sahlin.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2012)|
The special, narrated by Ed Sullivan, begins at the North Pole with Santa Claus and his Christmas Elves getting ready for another Christmas. However, Cosmo Scam has hatched a plan to kidnap Santa and take his place. As part of the plan, Cosmo plans to abduct Santa's Christmas Elves one by one and replace them with his evil henchmen.
- Jim Henson as Fred the Christmas Elf, Lothar
- Frank Oz as Thig, Boppity, Hoppity the Christmas Elf, Snerf
- Jerry Nelson as Thog, Snivelly, Zippity the Christmas Elf
- Richard Hunt as Bing the Christmas Elf, Matchbox Frackle, Guard Frackle
- Fran Brill as Green Bird Frackle
- John Lovelady as Alarm Frackle, Bong the Christmas Elf, Scoff, Snake Frackle, Snerf
- Danny Seagren as Gloat, Snarl (early Gonzo), Skippity the Christmas Elf, Snerf
- "We're Happy Little Christmas Elves"
- "I Want to Help"
- "It's Christmas Time"
- "Rock Music"