The Great Warrior Skanderbeg
|The Great Warrior Skanderbeg|
|Directed by||Sergei Yutkevich|
|Written by||Mikhail Papava|
The Great Warrior Skanderbeg (Albanian: Skenderbeu, Russian: Великий воин Албании Скандербег, translit. Velikiy voin Albanii Skanderbeg) is a 1954 Albanian-Soviet biopic directed by Sergei Yutkevich. It was entered into the 1954 Cannes Film Festival where it earned the International Prize. Yutkevich also earned the Special Mention award for his direction.
The film is a biography of George Kastriot Skanderbeg (1405 – 1468), widely known as Skanderbeg, a 15th-century Albanian lord who defended his land against the Ottoman Empire for more than two decades.
- Akaki Khorava as Gjergj Kastrioti, aka Skanderbeg - dubbed in Albanian by Pjetër Gjoka
- Besa Imami as Donika
- Adivie Alibali as Mamica
- Semyon Sokolovsky as Hamza
- Veriko Andjaparidze as Dafina
- Georgi Chernovolenko as Marash
- Naim Frashëri as Pal
- Oleg Zhakov
- Aleksandr Vertinsky as Doge of Venice
- Sergo Zaqariadze
- Vladimir Belokurov
- Vahram Papazyan
- Marie Logoreci as Countess
- Boris Tenin
- "Festival de Cannes: The Great Warrior Skanderbeg". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 31 January 2009.
- "Skenderbeu: HD". Top Channel. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- The Great Warrior Skanderbeg at the Internet Movie Database
- The Great Warrior Skanderbeg is available for free download at the Internet Archive (German dub)
|This article related to Soviet film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Albanian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|