The Hacker's Choice
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2011)|
THC Hydra is a fast and flexible Network Login Hacking Tool. It uses a dictionary attack to try various password/login combinations against an Internet service to determine a valid set of login credentials. It supports a wide set of protocols including Mail (POP3, IMAP, etc.), Databases, LDAP, SMB, VNC, and SSH.
THC GSM Project
In 2007 the group demonstrated how to receive GSM signals using a software defined radio (USRP). In 2008 the group did the first public demonstration how to break A5/1, the GSM encryption algorithm.
THC SSL DOS
In 2011 the group released a tool (thc-ssl-dos) which exploited a SSL vulnerability. The tool allows an attacker with a regular Internet connection to DoS a more powerful webserver.
In 2008 a THC member living in the UK was stopped at UK's Heathrow Airport before boarding a plane to speak at the Hack In The Box Security Conference on the topic of GSM Security. The authorities confiscated some of his electronic equipment. Thereafter he was allegedly placed on a terrorist watch list. He noticed a triple XXX marking on every boarding pass which required him to comply with additional security checks and frequent stops by Customs when returning to the UK.
- Biometric passport—Biometric passport and its security vulnerabilities as identified by THC
- Source: http://www.thc.org/
- Source: http://www.digitalwhisper.co.il/0x43/
- Source http://giammin.blogspot.com/2005/11/hackers-choice.html
- Source: https://www.thc.org/thc-hydra/
- Source: http://news.hitb.org/content/thc-calls-hackers-gsm-scanner-project
- Source: http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/04/cracking-gsm-available-soon-vi.html
- Source: http://www.informationweek.com/black-hat-conference-security-researchers-claim-to-hack-gsm-calls/d/d-id/1064807
- Source: www.blackhat.com/.../bh-dc-08/Steve.../bh-dc-08-steve-dhulton-WP.pdf
- Source: http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php/topic/30502-the-gsm-scanner-project/
- Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHTaNBy64kk
- http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20125058-83/new-attack-tool-targets-web-servers-using-secure-connections/ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "thcssl3" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).