The Hard Lessons
|The Hard Lessons|
The Hard Lessons at St. Andrews Hall, December 26th, 2007
|Origin||East Lansing, Michigan, Michigan, USA|
|Genres||Indie rock, Rock & Roll, pop, Soul, Blues|
|Associated acts||The Hold Steady
The Silent Years
|Website||The Hard Lessons|
Korin Louise Visocchi
|Past members||The Anvil, Tom Lietz, Mark Dawson,Ryan Vandeberghe|
The Hard Lessons are a rock band from Detroit, Michigan, known for their high-energy live appearances and innovative sound. The band has toured extensively in the United States and Europe. They were originally formed at Michigan State University in East Lansing.
The band consists of married couple Augie Visocchi (Vocals, Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Fuzz Bass, Mandolin, Piano, Kazoo, Percussion, and Vacuum) and Korin "Ko Ko" Louise Visocchi (Vocals, Piano, Synthesizers, Hammond Organ Bass, Autoharp, Glockenspiel, Cornet, Percussion). Mark Dawson is their current live drummer.
They were named 2006 Artists of the Year by Real Detroit Weekly. Their song "Wedding Ring" was featured in an episode of Grey's Anatomy. Their song "Wicked Man" was featured in an episode of Friday Night Lights. Their song "See and Be Scene" was featured in a 2010 Chevrolet commercial.
|Date of release||Title||Record label|
|2004||Rock N Soul Live at Small's"||Self-Released|
|2004||"Feedback Loop b/w Love Gone Cold 7" VINYL||Self-Released|
|2005||Gasoline||No Fun Records|
|2007||Hey Hey, My My||Self-Released|
|2008||B & G Sides||Quack Media|
|2009||Arms Forest||Quack Media|
|2011||Down Off The Ceiling Vol. 1||Gold Tapes|
|2014||Start What You Finished||Gangplank Records|
- Erickson, Anne (1 October 2008). "The not-so Hard Lessons of love", Toledo Blade. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Baca, Ricardo (30 March 2007). "Lessons learned from Detroit", The Denver Post. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Taylor, Chris "Box". The Hard Lessons - Biography, Allmusic. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Artists of the Year-The Hard Lessons: This Is Rock and Roll". Real Detroit Weekly. 3 January 2007. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- Fortner, Stephen (October 2009). "The Hard Lessons", Keyboard 35 (10): 12.
- Smith, Kevin W. (22 March 2007). "Goin' the extra mile: Live-show reputation of the Hard Lessons based on hard work", Arizona Daily Star, p. F4. Convenience link.