Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel
|Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel|
|Release date(s)||August 22, 2003|
The Haunted Carousel is the 8th installment in the Nancy Drew point-and-click adventure game series by Her Interactive. The game is available for play on Microsoft Windows platforms. It has an ESRB rating of E for moments of mild violence and peril. Players take on the first-person view of fictional amateur sleuth Nancy Drew and must solve the mystery through interrogation of suspects, solving puzzles, and discovering clues. There are two levels of gameplay, Junior and Senior detective modes, each offering a different difficulty level of puzzles and hints, however neither of these changes affect the actual plot of the game. The game is loosely based on a book of the same name The Haunted Carousel (1983).
Paula Santos, the owner of Captain's Cove Amusement Park in New Jersey, has asked Nancy for help because there have been mysterious things happening at the park. First, the lead horse disappeared off the carousel. After that the carousel began mysteriously starting up in the middle of the night. Then the roller coaster suddenly lost power, resulting in a serious accident. The park is shut down until the city knows what caused it. There is a rumor going around that the park is cursed. Are the painted ponies searching for their missing lead horse, or is there another explanation for the midnight rides?
- Nancy Drew - Nancy is an eighteen-year-old amateur detective from the fictional town of River Heights in the United States. She is the only playable character in the game, which means the player must solve the mystery from her perspective.
- Elliot Chen - Elliott is the park's art director and is responsible for all the visual components at Captain's Cove. He is a major procrastinator and is currently several weeks behind on his projects. The park's shutdown could seriously help him get caught up. He has no theory on what is happening at the park.
- Harlan Bishop - Harlan is the park's recently hired security guard, and he oversees the security system of Captain's Cove. He is helpful, efficient, and good at his job, but very evasive about his past. He's eager to prove to his bosses that they should keep him permanently. He thinks the mysterious occurrences are just a coincidence, and doesn't believe in the hauntings.
- Ingrid Corey - Ingrid is the chief engineer of the park and maintains all the rides at Captain's Cove, even the ones that have malfunctioned. She is extremely smart, but she is overworked while the park is understaffed during the shutdown. She is interested in holistic medicine and believes the park is actually cursed.
- Joy Trent - Joy Trent is the park's bookkeeper, and she is in charge of all of the park's financial records. Joy's father used to be co-owner of Captain's Cove until Paula Santos bought him out when he went bankrupt. Joy is a nervous, sad, and slightly reclusive person who believes that the owner of the park is behind the haunting as a publicity stunt.
- Nancy Drew - Lani Minella
- Joy Trent - Laurie Jerger
- Elliot Chen - Gary Hoffman
- Harlan Bishop/Anton Sukov/Receptionist/Miles the Magnificent Memory Machine - Jonah von Spreekin
- Ingrid Corey - Kathleen Howe
- Paula Santos - Keri Healey
- Bess Marvin - Alisa Murray
- George Fayne - Maureen Nelson
- Frank Hardy - Joshua Silwa
- Joe Hardy - Rob Jones
- Detective K.J. Perris/Tink Obermier - Fred Draeger
- Lance Huffington/Luis Guerra - Max Holechek 
- "Nancy Drew The Haunted Carousel | Girl Games Online". Herinteractive.com.
- "Nancy Drew The Haunted Carousel IMDb".
Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
|Nancy Drew Computer Games||Succeeded by
Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island