The Hidden Game of Football
The Hidden Game of Football is an influential book on American football statistics published in 1988 and written by Bob Carroll, John Thorn, and Pete Palmer. It was the first systematic statistical approach to analyzing American football in a book and is still considered the seminal work on the topic.
- Sabermetrics, statistical analysis of baseball.
- APBRmetrics, statistical analysis of basketball.
- Advanced Football Analytics, website dedicated to the statistical analysis of the NFL.
- American football strategy
- The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, a book by the author of Moneyball.
- Ernie Adams, a Phillips Academy classmate of Bill Belichick whose role with the Patriots is compared to Bill James's role with the Boston Red Sox.
- Fantasy football (American)
- Football Outsiders, a website dedicated to the statistical analysis of football based on some the concepts from The Hidden Game of Football.
- Front Office Football, a sports management game.
- Jeff Ma, cofounder of Protrade, a website using statistical analysis.
- Jim Schwartz, NFL coach who uses statistical analysis.
- John T. Reed, expert on Clock management.
- NFL Scouting Combine
- Professional Football Researchers Association
- Sean Lahman, creator of the Pro Football Prospectus series, author of The Pro Football Historical Abstract, and editor of ESPN Pro Football Encyclopedia
- Scout (sport)
- Sports betting
- Sports rating system
- Tex Schramm, influential in using computers to aid scouting.
- Zeus, Computer program that analyzes coaching decisions.
- Win probability