The High Court (band)
|The High Court|
|Origin||Mount Holly, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Labels||I Surrender Records|
|Past members||Lou Cuello|
The High Court's name is an alternate acronym for THC, the psychoactive substance found in marijuana. The group formed in 2005 from the ashes of several local metal acts. Members Lou Cuello, Kyle Shellhammer, and Denny Carvell placed an ad for a singer on Craigslist, and formed The High Court after John Brown answered the ad. They signed to I Surrender Records and released their debut album, Puppet Strings, in mid-2007. The group played the Warped Tour to support the album. Lou Cuello left the group in September 2007.in late 2007 and early 2008 they toured with 2*Sweet, Fireworks, Bedlight for Blue Eyes and Asteria.The High Court disbanded in June 2008.the band stated that some of the members are going to be starting other projects in the future.
- Ben Roth - Guitar
- Kyle Shellhammer (Shell) - bass
- Denny Carvell - drums
- John Browne (JB) - vocals
- Mike Matranga - guitar
- Lou Cuello - guitar
- Staff. "PUNK, PERSPIRATION & PAVEMENT", The Detroit News, July 26, 2007. Accessed March 1, 2011. ""Mount Holly, NJ, group the High Court hopes to receive some of the Warped Tour magic that's propelled bands such as Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance ..."
- The High Court at Allmusic
- Review of Puppet Strings, Allmusic
- Review of Puppet Strings. Antimusic.com. Accessed March 9, 2008.
- Review of Puppet Strings. Alternative Press, October 2007.
- Review of Puppet Strings. Absolutepunk.net. Accessed March 9, 2008.
- CD Release Show Review. Ink 19. Accessed March 9, 2008.
- Article, Bucks County Courier Times, August 22, 2007. Accessed March 9, 2008.
- High Court Convenes for Caffeinated Rockers. The Times (Munster, Indiana), December 19, 2007.