The High Sun
|The High Sun|
|Directed by||Dalibor Matanić|
|Produced by||Ankica Jurić Tilić |
|Written by||Dalibor Matanić|
The High Sun (Croatian: Zvizdan) is a 2015 Croatian drama film directed by Dalibor Matanić. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival winning the Jury Prize. It is the first Croatian film to be screened at Cannes since the country's independence in 1991. The film was selected as the Croatian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
- Tihana Lazović as Jelena / Nataša / Marija
- Goran Marković as Ivan / Ante / Luka
- Nives Ivanković as Jelena's / Nataša's mother
- Dado Ćosić as Saša / Dražen
- Stipe Radoja as Božo / Ivno
- Trpimir Jurkić as Ivan's / Luka's father
- Mira Banjac as Ivan's grandmother
- Slavko Sobin as Mane / Dino
- List of submissions to the 88th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Croatian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "2015 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Screenings Guide". Festival de Cannes. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Rebecca Ford (23 May 2015). "Cannes: 'Rams' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Velik uspjeh Dalibora Matanića: S novim filmom upao u Cannes!". tportal.hr (in Croatian). 16 April 2015. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Holdsworth, Nick (27 August 2015). "Oscars: Croatia Selects 'The High Sun' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
|This article related to a Croatian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|