The Highway (Sirius XM)
|Broadcast area||United States|
|Slogan||The Road To New Country. Direct From Nashville!|
|Frequency||Sirius XM Radio 56|
Dish Network 6056
|First air date||November 12, 2008|
|Class||Satellite Radio Station|
|Owner||Sirius XM Radio|
|Website||SiriusXM: The Highway|
The Highway is a commercial-free country music radio channel on Sirius XM channel 56 (previously 60 on Sirius), and 56 on XM (previously 16) (where it replaced Highway 16 on XM) and channel 6056 on Dish Network.
The Highway can also be streamed at SiriusXM.com and through its app for mobile devices.
The Highway is among the most popular music channels on satellite radio. As of 2014, SiriusXM reports it has more than 27 million subscribers.
Recent exclusive programming includes artist "Town Hall" broadcasts with Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, and Ronnie Dunn, and live concerts with Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, and The Band Perry, Until February 9, 2010, it was heard on DirecTV channel 814. The channel has changed the music business by creating new stars through its "Highway Find" feature; which gives airplay to unsigned and independent artists. The channel bypasses the traditional record company lock on the business.
- The Highway Hot 30 Weekend Countdown: Weekly countdown show determined by members of "The Highway Patrol," a free club of listeners who rate the music in a special online application. Saturdays at 9 am Eastern, with repeats all weekend.
- On the Horizon: Hosted by Buzz Brainard, On the Horizon is a one-hour show that features new songs by up-and-coming artists. Saturdays at Noon Eastern, with repeats all weekend.
- Takin' The Wheel: Celebrity guest DJ takeover the show.
- Highway Hang Time: Artists hang in our studios and preview new music. Can also include live exclusive performances.
- Superfan Concerts: Live performances by stars and up-and-coming artists.
- The Music Row Happy Hour: Buzz Brainard hosts Friday afternoon live on location from a bar in Nashville with subscribers
- Associated Press (7 January 2015). "Sirius XM tops 2014 subscriber targets". Crain's New York Business.
- "Nothing Like SiriusXM The Highway". Our Country Concerts.
- "How Satellite Radio Is Breaking Country's Next Big Stars". Rolling Stone.
- Hannah Karp (12 April 2014). "Nashville's New Hit Maker Is Satellite Radio Programmer - WSJ". WSJ.
|This article about a radio station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|