The Hoax of the Twentieth Century
The Hoax of the Twentieth Century: The Case Against the Presumed Extermination of European Jewry is a book by Northwestern University electrical engineering professor Arthur Butz. The book was first published in 1976 in the United Kingdom by Anthony Hancock’s Historical Review Press, known as a Holocaust denial publisher. An antisemitic work (Alan Davies described it as an "antisemitic classic"), it has been influential in the Holocaust denial movement.
The book has been banned in Canada and is X-rated in Germany where it cannot be displayed or advertised. In 2017, the online book seller Amazon.com removed the book, along with other holocaust-denying titles, from its US and UK sites. Barnes & Noble has also stopped selling the book online.
- Schweitzer, F; Perry, M (2002). Anti-Semitism: Myth and Hate from Antiquity to the Present. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 251. ISBN 978-0312165611. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Mason, Carol (2009). Reading Appalachia from Left to Right: Conservatives and the 1974 Kanawha County Textbook Controversy. Cornell University Press. p. 75. ISBN 978-0-8014-4728-0. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Dawidowicz, Lucy (1983). The Holocaust and the Historians. Harvard University Press. p. 15. ISBN 978-0674405677. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Alan Davies (1992). Davies, Alan (ed.). Antisemitism in Canada: History and Interpretation. Wilfrid Laurier University Press. p. 242. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Charny, Israel A. Encyclopedia of Genocide Volume 2, ABC-CLIO, 1999, pp. 181–182.
- Geri Yonover (2000). "Anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial in the academy : a tort remedy". In DeCoste, F. C.; Schwartz, Bernard (eds.). The Holocaust's Ghost: Writings on Art, Politics, Law, and Education. University of Alberta Press. p. 329. ISBN 978-0888643377. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- Green, Jonathan (2005). Encyclopedia of Censorship. Facts on File. p. 234. ISBN 978-0816044641. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Times of Israel. "Amazon UK Removes 3 Holocaust Denial Books from Sale." March 9, 2017
- Ziv, Stav (6 June 2017). "Under pressure, Amazon stops selling Holocaust-denial books". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
|This article about a book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|