The Hollows of Time
|The Hollows of Time|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||Doctor Who: The Lost Stories|
|Writer||Christopher H. Bidmead|
|Executive producer||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||February 2010|
The Hollows of Time was originally written for the original 23rd season of Doctor Who. Bidmead's story was cancelled, however, due to the hiatus and Big Finish Productions audio drama produced this story into an audiobook for The Lost Stories.
A small English village called Hollowdean houses the Hollows of Time.
- The Doctor — Colin Baker
- Peri Brown — Nicola Bryant
- Professor Stream — David Garfield
- Reverend Foxwell — Trevor Littledale
- Mrs Streeter — Susan Sheridan
- Steel Specs — Hywel John
- Jane — Victoria Finney
- The Tractators appeared in the 1984 Fifth Doctor TV story Frontios, also written by Bidmead. (He also wrote Peter Davison's first story, Castrovalva.)
- The original version of the script would have revealed Professor Stream to be The Master, as played by Anthony Ainley. The rights to the character couldn't be obtained for this adaptation and Ainley died in 2004. In this version of the story, the Professor Stream character is retained, but his identity is left ambiguous. "Stream" is an anagram of "master", as was the case with several of the Master's other aliases such as Sir Gilles Estram in The King's Demons.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|