The Horror Zine
|First issue||July, 2009|
The Horror Zine is an American fantasy and horror fiction pulp magazine first published in July 2009. The magazine was set up in Sacramento by Jeani Rector, a novelist and short-story writer with a taste for the macabre. She has been the editor for the magazine's entire run, and is assisted by Dean H. Wild. The Horror Zine has published established, professional writers, including Graham Masterton, Joe R. Lansdale, Piers Anthony, Ramsey Campbell, Elizabeth Massie, Simon Clark, Tom Piccirilli, Melanie Tem, and Bentley Little.
- Jeani Rector, Editor (2009–present)
- Dean H. Wild, Assistant Editor (2010–present)
- Trish Wilson, Media Director (2021–present)
- Bruce Memblatt, Kindle Coordinator (2012–present)
- Heather Miller, Book Reviewer (2022–present)
- John M. Cozzoli, Book Reviewer (2022–present)
Several anthologies of stories from The Horror Zine have been published.
- And Now the Nightmare Begins (2009)
- Twice the Terror (2010)
- What Fears Become (2011)
- A Feast of Frights (2012)
- Shadow Masters (2013)
- Shrieks and Shivers From The Horror Zine (2015)
- The Best of The Horror Zine: The Early Years (2016)
- The Horror Zine's Book of Ghost Stories (2020)
- The Horror Zine's Book of Werewolf Stories (2022)
- The Best of The Horror Zine: The Middle Years (2022)
Awards and recognition
- Nominated 2009 British Fantasy Society Long List for Best Magazine
- Nominated 2010 British Fantasy Society Long List for Best Magazine
- Winner 2010 Preditors and Editors Best Fiction Magazine
- Winner 2010 Preditors and Editors Best Poetry Magazine
- Winner 2011 Preditors and Editors Best Poetry Magazine
- Nominated 2012 British Fantasy Society Short List for Best Magazine
- Nominated 2013 British Fantasy Society Long List for Best Magazine
- First Place "Magazine of the Year" 2013 - This Is Horror
- First Place Best Fiction Magazine - Preditors and Editors Critters Workshop (Yearly from 2010 - 2021)
- First Place Best Poetry Magazine - Preditors and Editors Critters Workshop (Yearly from 2010 - 2021)
- "About the Horror Zine". November 28, 2011. Archived from the original on November 5, 2011. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Publication: What Fears Become: An Anthology from the Horror Zine". September 13, 2011. Archived from the original on November 22, 2020. Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- "Publication: A Feast of Frights from the Horror Zine". April 9, 2012. Archived from the original on November 22, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2012.