The Horse Boy
|The Horse Boy|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michel Orion Scott|
|Produced by||Rupert Isaacson|
|Music by||Kim Carroll, Lili Haydn, Fish Lounge|
|Distributed by||Zeitgeist Films UK/US Warner Home Video US DVD|
|Country||United States, United Kingdom|
The Horse Boy is the title of an autobiographical book and a documentary feature film that follow the quest of Rupert Isaacson and his wife to find healing for their autistic son, Rowan, after discovering that Rowan's condition appears to be improved by contact with horses. The family leave their home in Texas on an arduous journey to Mongolia.
The Horse Boy: A Father’s Quest to Heal His Son, a book about the Isaacsons' experience and written by Rupert Isaacson, was released by Little Brown and Company on April 14, 2009. The book was a New York Times Best-sellerr.
The film was directed by Michel Orion Scott and is distributed by Zeitgeist Films. It was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, and won the 2009 Feature Film Audience Award for the Lone Star States at South by Southwest.
- List of films about Autism
- Autism spectrum disorders in the media
- Autism: The Musical
- Dad's in Heaven with Nixon
- Recovered: Journeys Through the Autism Spectrum and Back
- "The Horse Boy". Zeitgeist Films. Archived from the original on February 28, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- "Past Winners". SXSW. Archived from the original on February 22, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- Official website
- The Horse Boy on IMDb
- An article about the book in The New York Times
- An article about the film in The Wall Street Journal
|This about a non-fiction book on autism article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|