|The Houseguest and My Mother|
|Revised Romanization||Sarangbang sonnimgwa eomeoni|
|McCune–Reischauer||Sarangbang sonnim-kwa ŏmŏni|
|Directed by||Shin Sang-ok|
|Written by||Lim Hee-Jae|
|Produced by||Shin Sang-ok|
|Edited by||Yang Seong-ran|
|Music by||Jeong Yun-ju|
|Distributed by||Shin Films Co., Ltd|
The flim was given the Best Film award at the 1962 Asia Pacific Film Festival. The film was also selected as the South Korean entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 35th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
An artist from Seoul visits the widow of a deceased friend in the countryside. The relationship between the friend's wife, her mother and the artist is depicted with reference to their concerns about social disapproval.
- Choi Eun-hee
- Jeon Yeong-seon
- Kim Jin-kyu
- Han Eun-jin
- Do Kum-bong
- Jo Yeon-hee as Worker at a wedding shop
- List of submissions to the 35th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of South Korean submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Mother and a Guest (Sarangbang Sonnimgwa Eomeoni) (1961)". Korean Movie Database (KMDb). Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- Kyeong-mi Yang. "'과거'를 간직한 도시… 전통윤리에 발묶인 '애틋한 사랑'". 문화일보 (in Korean). Retrieved 2023-05-26.
- "Korea's Golden Age". asianinfo.org. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- "아시아태평양영화제". Encyclopedia of Korean Culture.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.