The Human Tornado
|The Human Tornado|
|Directed by||Cliff Roquemore|
|Screenplay by||Jerry Jones|
|Produced by||Rudy Ray Moore|
|Music by||Art Wright|
|Distributed by||Dimension Pictures|
After coming off a successful comedy tour, Dolemite throws a get-together at his mansion. The party is crashed by racist police officers and they find out that the sheriff's wife is offering Dolemite money for sexual services. When the sheriff catches them red-handed, he shoots and kills his wife. Dolemite and his friends kidnap a young man and decide to head to California to meet Queen Bee. There, they find out that the local mob boss, Joe Cavaletti, has kidnapped two of Queen Bee's girls, forcing her to close her business and work for him. Dolemite rescues Queen Bee and her girls and teaches his enemies a lesson, all the while being chased by the sheriff, who has pinned the murder of his own wife on Dolemite.
- Rudy Ray Moore as Dolemite
- Lady Reed as Queen Bee
- Jimmy Lynch, as Mr. Motion
- Sir Lady Java as herself
- Gloria Delaney as Hurricane Annie
- J.B. Baron as Sheriff Beatty
- Ernie Hudson as Bo
- Jack Kelly as Capt. Ryan
Both the Daily Variety and BoxOffice announced Dimension Pictures’ acquisition of The Human Tornado which initially was set for release on June 23, 1976. The film officially premiered at the Rialto Theatre in Atlanta, GA, on July 23, 1976. The film was later shown across twenty theaters in Los Angeles and several theaters in New York City on October 13, 1976.
According to the American Film Institute, reviews of The Human Tornado focused on the film’s shortcomings, specifically editing and continuity. A review in The Hollywood Reporter praised certain performances by the actors Java, Herb Graham and Jerry Jones while a review in the Los Angeles Times found the film to be "dumber" than its predecessor as well as being much funnier.
- "The Human Tornado". American Film Institute. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "The Human Tornado (1983)". www.allmovie.com. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "The Human Tornado (1976)". AFI Catalog. Retrieved 2020-01-07.
- Coffel, Chris (April 15, 2016). "Vinegar Syndrome to Release 'The Human Tornado' and 'The Psychic Killer' in May!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "The Human Tornado Blu-ray Review". Blu-ray.com. May 31, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Hobbs, Charlie (August 8, 2016). "Now on Blu-ray: Dolemite Returns in The Human Tornado From Vinegar Syndrome". Screen Anarchy. Retrieved November 25, 2019.