The Hundred-Foot Journey
- For the 2014 film based on the book, see The Hundred-Foot Journey (film)
|Author||Richard C. Morais|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
It is a story about how the hundred-foot distance between a new Indian restaurant and a traditional French one represents the gulf between different cultures and desires. It focuses on the rivalry and resolution of the two restaurants and is based in Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val, France. The book is narrated by Hassan Haji, the protagonist of the novel, who is born and raised in his family's Indian restaurant in Mumbai, and it encompasses his journey from child to world-renowned chef.
On June 3, 2013, DreamWorks set Lasse Hallström to direct the film The Hundred-Foot Journey, which was released on August 8, 2014. Steven Spielberg produced the film with Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake.
- "The Hundred-Foot Journey". 2010. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- "The Hundred-Foot Journey". richardcmorais.com. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Lasse Hallstrom To Helm ‘The Hundred-Foot Journey’, With Helen Mirren Circling". deadline.com. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Lasse Hallstrom Taking a 'Hundred-Foot Journey' with Helen Mirren". firstshowing.net. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
|This article about a 2010s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.