The Immortals (song)
|Single by Kings of Leon|
|from the album Come Around Sundown|
|Released||March 21, 2011|
|Kings of Leon singles chronology|
"The Immortals" is a song by American rock band Kings of Leon. It is the sixth track on their fifth studio album Come Around Sundown. The song was originally slated to be released as a single on 21 March 2011. However, it was never eventually released. A video of the song was used in an advertisement to promote the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament and its brand new 68-team field, and was used from March 4–17.
Caleb Followill, lead singer of Kings of Leon, who wrote the song along with the other Followills, says "The Immortals": "In a way, I kind of wanted it to be something that I could say to my children. It really says it all in one chorus. Here it is: go out and be who it is you wanna be and at the end of the day, before you've gone, make sure you've loved."
Credits and personnel
- Kings Of Leon
- Caleb Followill - Vocals and guitar
- Matthew Followill - Lead guitar
- Jared Followill - Bass guitar
- Nathan Followill - Drums
- Producers – Angelo Petraglia, Jacquire King
- Lyrics – Caleb Followill, Nathan Followill, Jared Followill, Matthew Followill
- Label – RCA Records
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||22|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||37|
|Polish Singles Chart||41|
- "Royksopp Remixes Kings Of Leon's 'Immortals' (AUDIO)". Huffington Post. 13 December 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Kings Of Leon – The Immortals" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Kings Of Leon – The Immortals" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Polish Singles Chart |".
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|