The Imperial (Mumbai)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Former names||S D Towers|
|Location||M P Mills Compound
Tardeo, Mumbai, India
|Owner||S D Corporation Pvt. Ltd.|
|Management||S.D.Corporation Pvt. Ltd.|
|Antenna spire||254 m (833 ft)|
|Roof||210 m (690 ft)|
|Floor count||2 x 60|
|Floor area||2 x 120,000 m2 (1,300,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Ltd|
|Structural engineer||J+W Consultants
|Main contractor||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Ltd|
The Imperial is a twin-tower residential skyscraper complex in Mumbai, India that are the tallest completed buildings in the country. The towers are located in Tardeo, South Mumbai. Construction was completed and the towers were inaugurated in 2010.
The Imperial is located in Tardeo, Mumbai.The Imperial Towers, designed by Mumbai architect Hafeez Contractor as his most recognisable project to date, were designed as Mumbai’s tallest towers. The Imperial Twin Towers are built on former slum land where the current re-development model of builders providing free land and rehabilitation to slum dwellers in exchange for rights for property development, was first put into practice on a large scale. This model was used for slum and mill land redevelopment across the city, and across India as a whole. This has been strikingly successful and it's one of the many to come in the future.
- "The Imperial I". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- "The Imperial II". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- The Imperial (Mumbai) at Emporis
- "The Imperial". SkyscraperPage.
- The Imperial (Mumbai) at Structurae
- "Biz News: Imperial Towers Opens For Possession". Mumbai Boss. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "Tallest Indian skyscraper gets its act together - Corporate News". Livemint. 10 March 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Imperial (Mumbai).|