The Importance of Being Earnest (2011 film)
|The Importance of Being Earnest|
|Directed by||Brian Bedford
|Produced by||Todd Haimes
|Written by||Oscar Wilde|
|Screenplay by||David Stern|
|Based on||The Importance of Being Earnest
by Oscar Wilde
|Music by||Berthold Carrière|
|Distributed by||BY Experience|
The 2011 Broadway revival of Earnest opened on January 13, 2011, at the Roundabout Theatre Company's American Airlines Theatre, following previews from December 17, 2010. After positive reviews and several extensions, the production is set to close on July 3, 2011, bumping Roundabout's other project, People in the Picture, to Studio 54.
On March 1, 2011, it was reported that the production would be filmed live on March 11 and 12, 2011, to be shown in cinemas in June 2011. Official dates were announced on April 11, 2011: the first theaters to run The Importance of Being Earnest: Live in HD would do so on June 2, 2011.
- Brian Bedford as Lady Bracknell
- Dana Ivey as Miss Prism
- Paxton Whitehead as Rev. Canon Chasuble
- David Furr as John Worthing
- Santino Fontana as Algernon Moncrieff
- Sara Topham as Gwendolen Fairfax
- Charlotte Parry as Cecily Cardew
- Paul O'Brien as Lane
- Tim MacDonald as Merriman
- Amanda Leigh Cobb as Servant
- "The Importance of Being Ernest", ibdb.com, accessed 22 April 2011.
- Isherwood, Charles (January 13, 2011). "A Stylish Monster Conquers at a Glance". New York Times. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Jones, Kenneth (January 26, 2011). "A Wilde Hit! Broadway's Earnest Gets 17-Week Extension, Bumping People Musical to Studio 54". Playbill. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Jones, Kenneth. "Zooming-In On a Handbag: Broadway's Importance of Being Earnest Will Be Filmed for Cinema". Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Dates Announced for THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST in Theaters". Broadwayworld.com. April 11, 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2011.