The Impossible Dream (The Sensational Alex Harvey Band album)
|The Impossible Dream|
|Studio album by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band|
|Studio||Apple Studios, London|
|Label||Vertigo, 2002 CD reissue released on Mercury|
|Producer||The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, David Batchelor
"Sergeant Fury" by Derek Wadsworth
|The Sensational Alex Harvey Band chronology|
The Impossible Dream was the third album by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. It was released in 1974. The album was released separately on CD but can be hard to find, however, the CD is widely available on a 2 in 1 album, the other album being Tomorrow Belongs to Me. It was the band's first release to chart, reaching 16 in the UK charts.
All tracks composed by Alex Harvey and Hugh McKenna; except where indicated
- "Hot City Symphony Part 1: Vambo" - 5:02
- "Hot City Symphony Part 2: Man in the Jar" (Alex Harvey, Hugh McKenna, Alistair Cleminson) - 8:11
- "River of Love" - 3:15
- "Long Hair Music" - 4:43
- "Hey" (Alex Harvey, Alistair Cleminson, Hugh McKenna) - 0:40
- "Sergeant Fury" (Alex Harvey, Hugh McKenna, David Batchelor) - 3:31
- "Weights Made of Lead" (Alex Harvey) - 2:41
- "Money Honey" (Jesse Stone) / "The Impossible Dream" (Mitch Leigh, Joe Darion) - 2:11
- "Tomahawk Kid" (Alex Harvey, Hugh McKenna, David Batchelor) - 4:30
- "Anthem" - 7:42
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
- Alex Harvey - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Zal Cleminson - guitar
- Chris Glen - bass guitar
- Hugh McKenna - keyboards, synthesizer
- Ted McKenna - drums
- Vicky Silva - guest vocals on "Anthem"
- 2 Pipers from the London-Scottish TA Regiment (including John Gilligan) - pipes on "Anthem"
- Dave "Cyrano" Langston - engineer on "Sergeant Fury"
- Martin Rushent - engineer
- Keith Davis - cover illustration, design