This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Inchtabokatables in concert at Zeche Carl (2001)
|Genres||Folk rock, punk rock, industrial|
|Associated acts||Rammstein, Subway to Sally|
"B. Breuler"/Robert Beckmann (vocals, violin)|
"B. Deutung"/Tobias Unterberg (cello)
"Herr Jeh"/Jan Klemm (violin)
"Kokolorus Mitnichten", "Dr. Tinitus Banani"/Titus Jany (drums)
"Franzi Underdrive"/Franziska Schubert (bass, 1991-1992)|
"Orgien-Olli"/Oliver Riedel (bass, 1992-1994)
The Inchtabokatables were a German band active from 1991 to 2002. The band only played on classical instruments (violins, cello, bass and drums). The band was known for their no guitar policy. Their style ranged from folk rock and Medieval rock to punk rock and on later albums even industrial.
The Inchtabokatables were formed on February 7, 1991 in a pub in Berlin called "Bärenschenke". The founding members were B. Breuler, B. Deutung, Herr Jeh, Franzi Underdrive and Kokolorus Mitnichten. Before joining The Inchtabokatables, B. Deutung and Herr Jeh played together with Subway to Sally singer Eric Fish in the band Catriona. Franzi Underdrive left the band shortly after the release of their debut album 'Inchtomanie'. She was replaced by Oliver Riedel aka Orgien-Olli. After the release of White Sheep and Ultra Riedel went on to join the industrial band Rammstein. He was replaced by Moeh, who played in the industrial band T.A.S.S.. The band's style changed more and more from folk punk to industrial.
- 1992 - Inchtomanie
- 1993 - White Sheep
- 1994 - Ultra
- 1997 - Quiet
- 1998 - Too Loud
- 2001 - Mitten Im Krieg
Compilations and live albums
- 2000 - Nine Inch Years
- 2002 - Ultimate Live
- 1995 - Merry Christmas/X-mas in the Old Man's Hat
- 1998 - You Chained Me Up
- 2001 - Come With Me
After 11 years of recording and touring, the band decided in 2002 to go on an 11-year hiatus. The band members are now in different projects:
- Titus Jany was the drummer for German folk band Potentia Animi, from its formation in 2002 until it's disbandment in 2008.
- Tobias Unterberg tours with Deine Lakaien and Subway To Sally, he also played cello on the song Too Close to the Sun on New Model Army's album Carnival. Underberg also toured with the popular German band Silbermond and worked on different songs on their first two albums.
- Robert Beckmann worked with the German folk metal band In Extremo
- Robert Beckmann and Titus Jany are playing in the band Grüßaugust since 2010
- Hauswald, Harald; Jany, Maria, eds. (2002). Wir waren jung und brauchten das Geld. The Inchtabokatables 1991-2001 (We were young and needed the Money - The Inchtabokatables 1991-2001) (in German). Berlin: Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf Verlag. ISBN 3-89602-367-5.
- Jany, Titus; Jany, Maria (2004). Das Fort der Verdammten (The Fort of the Damned). Berlin: FvW-Verlag. ISBN 3-00-014745-4. Novel.
- Official website (in German)