The Internal Enemy
|Published||2013 (W. W. Norton & Company)|
The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832 is a Pulitzer Prize-winning non-fiction book about the history of slaves and slavery in Virginia, with an emphasis on the War of 1812. It was written by historian Alan Taylor and published by W. W. Norton & Company in 2013.
- Smith, Mark M. (13 March 2013). "Book Review: 'The Internal Enemy' by Alan Taylor". Wall Street Journal.
- Oakes, James (1 November 2013). "The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832 By Alan Taylor [review]". Washington Post.
- "The 2014 Pulitzer Prize Winners - History". The Pulitzer Prizes.
- "2013 National Book Award Winners". National Book Foundation.
- Sidbury, James (2014). "Alan Taylor. The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772–1832 [review]". The American Historical Review. 119 (4): 1211–1213. doi:10.1093/ahr/119.4.1211.
- Tisdale, Sally. "Interview With Alan Tayler, 2013 National Book Award Finalist, Nonfiction". National Book Foundation.
|This article about a non-fiction book on U.S. history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|