The Island Packet
|Owner(s)||The McClatchy Company|
|Publisher||Sara Johnson Borton|
|Headquarters||10 Buck Island Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
The Island Packet is a daily morning broadsheet newspaper owned by The McClatchy Company serving primarily the residents of southern Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States, particularly the towns of Hilton Head Island and Bluffton. Its average circulation is 18,683 on weekdays and 20,260 on Sundays.
The newspaper was founded as a weekly on July 9, 1970, by Tom Wamsley and Ralph Hilton, with financial backing by Lucy and Jonathan Daniels, editor emeritus of the Raleigh News & Observer. Television personality Garry Moore had a regular humor column in the paper in the late 1970s and early 1980s titled "Mumble, Mumble".
The latest circulation figures from the parent company McClatchy report audited circulation numbers from the Alliance for Audited Media for 24 months ending March 31, 2016, with circulations of 18,683 on weekdays and 20,260 on Sundays,
- "The McClatchy Company Newspapers: The Island Packet". The McClatchy Company. Retrieved 2006-11-07.
- "Audit Bureau of Circulations". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- Island Packet official site
- Island Packet official mobile site
- Island Packet Facebook page
- Island Packet Twitter page
|This article about a South Carolina newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|