The Ivy (Los Angeles)
The Ivy is a restaurant on Robertson Boulevard in Los Angeles known for celebrity sightings and papparazzi. It serves nouvelle American cuisine "in a prettily decorated series of country-cottage rooms, with a flowery outdoor terrace" close to International Creative Management whose employees and clients can often be found dining at the celebrated restaurant.
The area around The Ivy on Robertson Boulevard is crowded with boutiques, paparazzi shooting for Us Weekly, In Touch or Life & Style, and tourists with "the largest herd of bulb flashers... found directly across the street from The Ivy, where stars and stargazers alike dine". An MSNBC article called The Ivy "a celebrity beehive that sees a constant stream of Hummers, Mercedes and Jaguars pull up and discharge folks who pay through the nose to be seen eating in public".
English actor Patrick Stewart said he likes to go to The Ivy Restaurant because it is open late and "you can sit over a last glass of wine without having people piling chairs on the tables round you" in a 1994 interview. Lil' Kim and her "raucous entourage", "kept the Sidecars flowing till closing at the tony Robertson Boulevard restaurant" while she was in Los Angeles working on her third solo album, according to an 2002 LA Times story. Paris Hilton's brother Barron Hilton II held a birthday "bash" at The Ivy in 2004.
The restaurant was named as a co-defendant in a lawsuit against Lindsay Lohan, following a 2005 car accident, when Lohan was 19 years old. The suit alleged that "the Ivy served Ms. Lohan alcoholic beverages knowing she was under age at the time." In a response to the $200,000 lawsuit, Lohan denied that she was drinking.
- "The boutiques on Robertson Boulevard are notorious celebrity hangouts and paparazzi lairs. The Ivy Restaurant is also a place frequented by celebrities and their friends." Khassaundra Delgado Day Trippin’: the Cultural Crossroads of Los Angeles Volume 42, Issue 32 Jul 13 2009 New University
- BROOKS BARNES Yes, I Look Fabulous, but Inside I’m Saving May 18, 2009 New York Times
- Xazmin Garza SHOP LIKE A CELEB; L.A.'s Robertson Boulevard and Melrose Avenue can open your eyes to new boutiques Mar. 28, 2008 Las Vegas Review Journal
- Michael Ventre Lindsay Lohan taking the road to Taradise; Hard-partying actress would do well to slow down before career is gone August 3, 2006 MSNBC
- Day Out: Patrick Stewart 3 January 1994 The Independent
- Heidi Siegmund Cuda Club Buzz; A Lil' Shindig at the Ivy for Kim and Pals page F39 September 5, 2002 0905
- Paris brings some glamour to Barron's birthday bash 26 OCTOBER 2004 Hello Magazine
- "Media Advisory Celebrity Justice Court News: Lindsay Lohan and Ivy Restaurant Sued for Automobile Crash" (Press release). Law Offices of Robert G. Klein (for Plaintiff). n.d. Retrieved 2009-07-25.
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was Sober in Drunk Driver Car Crash Case December 26, 2007 Injury Law Los Angeles Associated Press
- Official Website: www.theivyrestaurant.com
- Location: Coordinates: