The Ivy (Los Angeles)
The Ivy is a restaurant on Robertson Boulevard in Los Angeles known for celebrity sightings and papparazzi. It serves nouvelle American cuisine "in a prettily decorated series of country-cottage rooms, with a flowery outdoor terrace" close to International Creative Management whose employees and clients can often be found dining at the celebrated restaurant.
The area around The Ivy on Robertson Boulevard is crowded with boutiques, paparazzi shooting for Us Weekly, In Touch or Life & Style, and tourists with "the largest herd of bulb flashers... found directly across the street from The Ivy, where stars and stargazers alike dine". An MSNBC article called The Ivy "a celebrity beehive that sees a constant stream of Hummers, Mercedes and Jaguars pull up and discharge folks who pay through the nose to be seen eating in public".
Lil' Kim and her "raucous entourage", "kept the Sidecars flowing till closing at the tony Robertson Boulevard restaurant" while she was in Los Angeles working on her third solo album, according to a 2002 Los Angeles Times story. Paris Hilton's brother Barron held a birthday "bash" at The Ivy in 2004.
The restaurant was named as a co-defendant in a lawsuit against Lindsay Lohan, following a 2005 car accident, when Lohan was 19 years old. The suit alleged that "the Ivy served Ms. Lohan alcoholic beverages knowing she was under age at the time." In a response to the $200,000 lawsuit, Lohan denied that she was drinking.
- Delgado, Khassaundra (July 13, 2009). "Day Trippin': the Cultural Crossroads of Los Angeles". New University. 42 (32). University of California, Irvine. Archived from the original on July 29, 2009. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
The boutiques on Robertson Boulevard are notorious celebrity hangouts and paparazzi lairs. The Ivy Restaurant is also a place frequented by celebrities and their friends.
- Barnes, Brooks (May 18, 2009). "Yes, I Look Fabulous, but Inside I'm Saving". The New York Times. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Garza, Xazmin (March 28, 2008). "Shop Like A Celeb: L.A.'s Robertson Boulevard and Melrose Avenue can open your eyes to new boutiques". Las Vegas Review Journal. Archived from the original on July 30, 2009. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Ventre, Michael (August 3, 2006). "Lindsay Lohan taking the road to Taradise; hard-partying actress would do well to slow down before career is gone". MSNBC. Archived from the original on November 5, 2007. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Cuda, Heidi Siegmund (September 5, 2002). "Club Buzz; A Lil' Shindig at the Ivy for Kim and Pals". Los Angeles Times. p. F.39. Archived from the original on July 31, 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- "Paris brings some glamour to Barron's birthday bash". Hello!. October 26, 2004. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- "Media Advisory Celebrity Justice Court News: Lindsay Lohan and Ivy Restaurant Sued for Automobile Crash". Law Offices of Robert G. Klein (for Plaintiff) (Press release). Retrieved July 25, 2009.
- "Lindsay Lohan says she was sober before 2005 car crash near Beverly Hills". Los Angeles Daily News. December 26, 2007. Retrieved June 11, 2019.