|Birth name||Dominick Newton|
|Also known as||Shaheed Akbar|
|Born||August 12, 1977|
|Origin||Pittsburg, San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States|
|Died||February 2, 2015 (aged 37)|
|Genres||West Coast hip hop|
|Years active||1998 – 2015|
|Labels||The Artist Records, Mob Figaz LLC, SMC Recordings|
|Associated acts||Mob Figaz, C-Bo, Mac Dre, Yukmouth, E-40, Dru Down, Cormega, Baby Bash, Paul Wall, Berner, Freeway, San Quinn, Andre Nickatina, Strong Arm Steady, Planet Asia, Spice-1, Ampichino, T-Nutty, J. Stalin, Joe Blow|
Dominick Newton (August 12, 1977 – February 2, 2015), better known by his stage name The Jacka, was an American rapper from Pittsburg, California. The Jacka began his career as part of the rap group Mob Figaz, whose first album, C-Bo's Mob Figaz, was released in 1999. Newton converted to Islam at a young age and changed his name to Shaheed Akbar. On February 2, 2015, he was fatally shot by an unidentified gunman in Oakland on 94th Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard. Prior to his death, he owned his own label The Artist Records.
His career began with the Bay Area rap group Mob Figaz. Their debut album, C-Bo's Mob Figaz, released in 1999 was a minor hit on the Billboard Hip Hop chart entering in at #63, doing fairly well selling 160,000 units. His first solo release The Jacka of the Mob Figaz in 2001 sold over 30,000 units. Jacka sold these units himself, in the Bay Area and shipping to one-stops across the country. Though great support came from the Bay Area, sixty percent of Jacka's sales came from outside of California. In 2005, The Jacka released his second solo album The Jack Artist but failed to chart. In 2009, The Jacka came out with his third solo album Tear Gas making it #93 on the Billboard chart.
- 2001: The Jacka of the Mob Figaz
- 2005: The Jack Artist
- 2009: Tear Gas (U.S. #93)
- 2014: What Happened to the World
- 2005: The Jacka: The Mixtape 
- 2006: Jack of All Trades 
- 2007: The Jacka Is the Dopest
- 2008: The Street Album (U.S. R&B #80)
- 2010: Broad Daylight
- 2010: GSlaps Radio Vol. 1 
- 2011: Flight Risk (U.S. R&B #70)
- 2011: We Mafia
- 2011: The Indictment
- 2012: The Verdict
- 2012: The Sentence
- 2013: The Appeal
With Mob Figaz
With Mob Figaz alumni
|"Hey Girl" (feat. Kazi, Young Uzi)
|"Barney (More Crime)"
|"Never Blink" (feat. J. Stalin, Dubb-20)
|"All Over Me" (feat. Matt Blaque)
|"Glamorous Lifestyle" (feat. Andre Nickatina)
- "Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Bay Area Rapper 'The Jacka' Killed In Oakland Shooting". KPIX. 2 Feb 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "The Jacka". Last.fm. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "The Jacka- The Indictment". thebayisback.com. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- Tear Gas chart peaks, Billboard.com
- "The Jacka - The Mixtape". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "The Jacka - Jack Of All Trades". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- Billboard, Allmusic
- "The Jacka - GSlaps Radio Vol. 1". livemixtapes.com. December 8, 2010.
- "The Jacka - The Verdict". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "The Jacka Of The Mog Figaz* - The Sentence". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Mob Figaz - Mob Figaz". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Husalah & The Jacka - Animal Planet". datpiff.com. 2006.
- "The Jacka, AP9, Husalah - Mob Trial". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Jacka* & Husalah - Shower Posse". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "The Jacka & Ampichino - Devilz Rejectz - 36 Zipz". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "The Jacka & Ampichino - Devilz Rejectz 3: American Horror Story". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Berner & The Jacka - Drought Season 3". Discogs. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Freeway & The Jacka - Write My Wrongs". datpiff.com. October 14, 2013.