The Janus Conjunction
|Series||Doctor Who book:
Eighth Doctor Adventures
|Preceded by||The Scarlet Empress|
The planets Janus Prime and Menda are diametrically opposed in orbit around a vast Red Giant star. But while Menda is rich and fertile in the light of the sun, Janus Prime endures everlasting night, its moon causing a permanent solar eclipse. When the Doctor and Sam arrive on Janus Prime, they find themselves in the middle of a war between rival humans colonising the area. The planet is littered with ancient ruins, and the Mendans are using a mysterious hyperspatial link left behind by the planet’s former inhabitants. But what is its true purpose?
The Doctor and Sam must piece together a centuries-old puzzle. How can Janus Prime’s moon weigh billions of tons more than it should? Why is the planet riddled with deadly radiation? As the violence escalates around them, will the time travellers survive to discover the answers?
- The Janus Conjunction at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - The Janus Conjunction
- The Janus Conjunction at The TARDIS Library
- The Janus Conjunction title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- The Janus Conjunction reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Janus Conjunction reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
- The Whoniverse's review on The Janus Conjunction
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BBC-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|