The Jensen Project
|The Jensen Project|
The Jensen Project DVD cover
Procter & Gamble
|Written by||Jeff Davenport
|Directed by||Douglas Barr|
|Theme music composer||Randy Jackson
|Country of origin||Canada
|Executive producer(s)||Jeff Grant
Joel S. Rice
Pasquale F. Gentile (co-executive producer)
Ben Simon (co-executive producer)
John Laurence (associate producer)
Susan Laurence (associate producer)
|Location(s)||Montréal, Québec, Canada|
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Muse Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original release||July 16, 2010|
The Jensen Project is the second in a series of a TV movies produced by Procter & Gamble and Walmart aimed at families. The movie featured embedded marketing for the Kinect, a motion sensor add-on to the Xbox 360, several months before the product's launch. Ratings for the July 16, 2010 airing on NBC were disappointing with fewer than 4 million viewers. Reviewers called the movie "super-bad", criticizing the dialog and the embedded marketing of Procter & Gamble and Walmart products.
After a 16-year absence from the Jensen Project, a secret community of scientists conducting advanced underground experiments to resolve the world's problems, Matt (Brady Smith) and Claire Thompson (Kellie Martin) are asked to come back and stop Edwin Jensen (David Andrews) from using nanobots to take over other people. To create these nanobots, Edwin needs a molecular assembler, which he steals. With the help of Kendrick James (LeVar Burton), Ginny (Mylène Dinh-Robic) and Ingrid Jensen (Patricia Richardson), Matt and Claire use chemical traces of gold and silicon to track down the location of the assembler. They are misled, but Brody (Justin Kelly), and his new friend from the Project, Samantha (Alyssa Diaz), manage to trace Edwin through a voice tracker and retrieve the molecular assembler. Brody is caught and implanted with nanobots. Edwin threatens to kill Brody with the nanobots if the molecular assembler is not returned to him. The Project members mount a successful mission to destroy Edwin's laboratory and capture him before he can execute his plan to harm others with the nanobots.
- Kellie Martin as Claire Thompson
- Brady Smith as Dr. Matt Thompson
- LeVar Burton as Dr. Kendrick James
- Justin Kelly as Brody Thompson
- Alyssa Diaz as Samantha "Sam" Cortez
- Patricia Richardson as Ingrid Jensen
- David Andrews as Edwin Jensen
- "Walmart Pushing Limited $199 Kinect Pre-Order Bundle". PC Magazine. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- "TV Ratings: ABC Unscripted tops Friday; Jensen Doesn't Project Well". TV By the Numbers.
- "Television review: 'The Jensen Project'". Los Angeles Times. July 16, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Moller International Skycar to be Featured in NBC's The Jensen Project". Moller.