The Jets (album)
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by The Jets|
|Released||October 14, 1985|
|Producer||David Z, Don Powell|
|The Jets chronology|
The Jets is the first studio album by The Jets, released in 1985.
The second single "Crush on You" would become the Jets' most successful single. It was their first song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100. The song reached #3 on the Pop chart and #4 on the R&B chart. It stayed in the top 5 for 6 weeks.
The third single "Private Number" was a moderate hit for the Jets, reaching #47 on the Pop chart and #28 on the R&B chart.
The fourth and final single was the ballad "You Got It All". It reached #3 on the Pop chart and #2 on the R&B chart, and managed to reach #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart also. It still gains occasional airplay on radio stations in the U.S.
It was rumored that there was to be a fifth single released from the album. This was denied and the Jets were revealed to be working on their next studio album Magic.
The album would go on to reach #17 in the U.S. and be certified Platinum.
- "Curiosity" – 4:58 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "Crush on You" – 4:28 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "You Got It All" – 4:05 (Rupert Holmes)
- "Love Umbrella" – 4:33 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "Private Number" – 4:03 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "Heart on the Line" – 3:34 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "Right Before My Eyes" – 3:49 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- "La-La (Means I Love You)" – 3:48 (Thom Bell, William Hart)
- "Mesmerized" – 4:17 (Jerry Knight, Aaron Zigman)
- Elizabeth Wolfgramm: Vocals, keyboards, percussion
- Moana Wolfgramm: Vocals, keyboards, percussion
- Eugene Wolfgramm: Vocals, percussion, alto saxophone
- LeRoy Wolfgramm: Electric guitars
- Haini Wolfgramm: Bass
- Kathi Wolfgramm: Keyboards
- Eddie Wolfgramm: Tenor saxophone, percussion
- Rudy Wolfgramm: Vocals, Drums