The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour
|The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour|
|Directed by||Butch Hartman|
|Produced by||Ray DeLaurentis
|Story by||Fred Seibert|
|Based on||The Fairly OddParents and Jimmy Neutron
by Butch Hartman
|Music by||Ron Jones|
|Edited by||Mishelle Fordham|
|Distributed by||Paramount Home Entertainment
CBS Studios International
The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour is a television crossover film trilogy set between the universes in The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and The Fairly OddParents. The film series consists of the following: a first film of the same name as this series, a second titled The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide! and a third, The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 3: The Jerkinators! The films premiered on Nickelodeon between 2004 and 2006, and were subsequently released to home video. The specials combines 2D animation and CGI graphics.
The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour (2004)
Struggling with his science project, Timmy Turner (Fairly OddParents) wishes that he could be sent to the best laboratory in any universe. When his fairy godparents, Cosmo and Wanda, offer him this wish, Timmy is sent to Retroville, the fictional universe of child prodigy Jimmy Neutron (Adventures of Jimmy Neutron). to Dimmsdale, Timmy's universe, the same when he activates a device designed by Cosmo and Wanda. As they attempt to return to their respective settings, the characters make friends with the various side characters that are not of their own universe, and Timmy becomes attracted to Jimmy's schoolmate and arch-rival Cindy Vortex. A defect with Goddard, Jimmy's robotic dog, dooms both characters at the same time.
The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide! (2006)
Jimmy and Timmy enter each other's worlds for a second time, both wanting to ask Cindy out to their school dance celebrating Friday the 13th. In an attempt to gain Cindy's affections, the two engage in a battle of smarts that sends Jimmy and his friends to Dimmsdale. As Jimmy seeks to prove that Timmy is a fraudulent scientist, Cosmo and Wanda struggle to keep their existence a secret in Retroville. Professor Calamitous (of Jimmy's universe) unleashes a surge of anti-fairies from Dimmsdale that threaten their Earth's rotation, and head fairy Jorgan of Timmy's universe gets angered by Jimmy's friends and their manipulation of fairy magic.
The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 3: The Jerkinators! (2006)
In their third and final encounter, Jimmy and Timmy make amends while trying to defeat the enemies from their own universes—including a monster that they concoct together.
Each film in the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour series combines the 2D animation of The Fairly OddParents and the 3D computer-generated imagery of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron. This blending of animation techniques was a technical challenge for the studios responsible for both series, according to Keith Alcorn—director of the Jimmy Neutron production company DNA Productions.
- Debi Derryberry as Jimmy Neutron
- Tara Strong as Timmy Turner
- Rob Paulsen as Carl Wheezer/Announcer
- Carolyn Lawrence as Cindy Vortex
- Jeffrey Garcia as Sheen Estevez
- Crystal Scales as Libby Folfax
- Daran Norris as Cosmo/Mr. Turner/Anti-Cosmo/Jorgen Von Strangle
- Susan Blakeslee as Wanda/Mrs. Turner/Anti-Wanda
- Jason Marsden as Chester McBadbat
- Grey Delisle as Vicky/Principal Waxelplax
- Mark DeCarlo as Hugh Neutron
- Megan Cavanaugh as Judy Neutron
- Gary LeRoi Gray as A. J.
- Carlos Alazraqui as Denzel Crocker
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Morgan Freeman
Release and reception
According to Variety, the first film was seen by nearly five million viewers on its Nickelodeon premiere, on May 7, 2004. Terry Kelleher of People gave the first film three stars out of four, calling it a "blast of creativity" although hard to follow. The Washington Post similarly gave it praise. The network considered it a success. The second film, aired January 16, 2006, was seen by nearly 5.5 million viewers, according to The New York Times. The third and final film aired July 21, 2006.
- "'The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour' ('The Fairly Odd Parents' / 'The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron')". Amazon.com. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "'The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide' ('The Fairly Odd Parents' / 'The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron')". Amazon.com. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "'Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 3: The Jerkinators!'". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Ball, Ryan (May 7, 2004). "Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour Director Talks Blending 2D and 3D". Animation Magazine.
- Kissell, Rick (May 11, 2004). "'Friends' sendoff a hit". Variety.
- Kelleher, Terry (May 10, 2004). "Picks and Pans Review: 'The Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour'". People. Time Inc. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "Jimmy & Timmy's Awesome Adventure". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 31, 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required.)
- Cox, Ted (May 7, 2004). "Cartoon Crossover Experimental Nick Blends 'Fairly OddParents' with 'Jimmy Neutron' to Get Surprisingly Good Results". Daily Herald. Retrieved October 31, 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required.)
- Aurthur, Kate (February 6, 2006). "Arts, Briefly; USA Tops on Cable". The New York Times. Retrieved October 31, 2015.