The John Henry Newman School
|The John Henry Newman School|
|Motto||Cor ad cor loquitur (in English this means "Heart speaks unto heart")|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Archdiocese of Westminster|
|Department for Education URN||137895 Tables|
|Head teacher||Clive Mathew |
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Blue, red and gold|
The John Henry Newman School is a Roman Catholic secondary school with academy status at Stevenage in Hertfordshire, England. In its 2015 Ofsted inspection it was classed as a good school and the diocesan report found it to be an outstanding Catholic school. It converted to academy status on 1 March 2012.
St. Michael's College was established in Grove Road, Hitchin—next to the site of a new Catholic church—in 1903 by Fr. A. Prével of the Society of Saint Edmund. In 1925, the priests from the Order of Augustinians of the Assumption assumed control of both the church and the college. St. Michael's College was a Catholic boys' school which housed a number of boarding pupils. In 1953, following a General Inspection, the College was granted temporary recognition as an independent grammar school and this status was made permanent in 1958.
The expansion of Stevenage New Town during the 1960s led to the relocation of the school to Sandown Road, Stevenage, in 1968. It changed its name to St. Michael's School and became a comprehensive.
In 1985, the process of merging St. Michael's School with St. Angela's School for Girls began. The merging process was completed in 1987 and the site of St. Michael's was sold, while the new "John Henry Newman School" moved to the former site of St. Angela's on Hitchin Road. The name of the school commemorates Cardinal John Henry Newman.
The John Henry Newman school is a welcoming school with helpful staff and hard working pupils.
The school have great drama, music and dance facilities in the 2015 built 'pavillion' building that cost the school £3 million pounds. 
The schools ‘Mission’ is to create an environment in which children can discover who they are and what their role in this life is.In the words of the schools patron, the Blessed John Henry Newman, they believe that “God has created us to do Him some definite service”. .
The school benefit from excellent sporting facilities, including a hockey/football astroturf, tennis courts, sports hall and 2 full size pitches. they have a firm direction for the ongoing development programme, with plans for further expansion of the schools teaching spaces and Sixth Form facilities. 
Code of conduct/rules No beards? no number 1 haircuts no coats indoors are just a few of the schools rules to keep a great standard. 
- Lewis Hamilton, Formula One (motor racing) driver & 2008 / 2014 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 World Champion 
- Ashley Young, Manchester United footballer i
- David Drew, politician; also a former pupil of the school
- Rt. Reverend David Konstant, 8th Bishop of Leeds. Acting Head 1967 (at St Michael's, Stevenage)
- "Headteacher's Welcome - The John Henry Newman Catholic School". www.jhn.herts.sch.uk. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- England. "EduBase - The John Henry Newman Catholic School". Education.gov.uk. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Stevenage school first to become an academy - News". The Comet. 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- The John Henry Newman School official website (in biographical sketch of the late Jill Biggs). Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Southern Counties - Sport - Lewis Hamilton fact file". BBC. 1985-01-07. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- Viner, Brian (6 October 2008). "Ashley Young ... sporting prodigy". The Independent. London.
- "Rt. Reverend David Konstant". Archived from the original on 2009-03-05.