The John Kerwin Show
|The John Kerwin Show|
|Created by||John Kerwin|
|Directed by||Rudy Milanovich|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||13|
|No. of episodes||114|
|Camera setup||Rudy Milanovich|
|Original release||2001– present|
The John Kerwin Show was a late-night talk show.
In August, 2007, Kerwin and former show producer Rob Baker met with NBC's head of late night and prime time programming Rick Ludwin to campaign for the position then to be vacated by Conan O'Brien in 2009 as he left NBC's "Late Night" to host The Tonight Show. The position was eventually given to Jimmy Fallon.
In July, 2010, The John Kerwin Show began airing on JLTV nationwide.
Starting in 2015, John became a featured columnist for Tae Kwon Do Times, Stand Up Comedy Magazine and Puretimes Entertainment Magazine.
The John Kerwin Show ended in December 2016, when John Kerwin teamed up with Kristina Anapau to co-create The John Kerwin Kids' Show.
For the show's 50th episode in January, 2006, Kerwin's guest was actor David Carradine, whose appearance turned out to be the actor's last late night talk show appearance before his death. The appearance by Carradine and Kerwin's achievement earning a Black Belt in Taekwondo prompted Tae Kwon Do Times Magazine to feature Kerwin on the cover of its September 2015 issue.
On December, 2006 host John Kerwin and the show received a special Commendation from Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on the occasion of the show's 6th anniversary on the air and 60th episode.
For the May, 2008 episode featuring guests Ed Asner, Kevin Sorbo and Keaton Simons, a special monologue was prepared featuring comedy contributed by writers from each former Tonight Show host: Bill Dana (Steve Allen), Dick Cavett (Jack Paar), Tony DeSena (Johnny Carson) and Marvin Silbermintz (Jay Leno).
Last talk show interview: Jonathan Winters.
On Episode 110, Kerwin interviewed The Harlem Globetrotters at the Honda Center and played basketball against them as part of a remote shoot for the show.
The John Kerwin Show has won over 15 TV awards including the Telly Award, the Wave Award, the AEGIS Award, and the Hermes Award.
- Los Angeles Wave article: He's the Talk of the Town by Arin Mikailian
- Emmy Magazine Jan/Feb 2008 article: "Eyes on the Prize" by Barry Garron
- Entertainment Today article: A Golden Episode: The John Kerwin Show Hits 50 by Stan Furley
- The John Kerwin Show on IMDb
- Zirogiannis, Marc (September 2015). "John Kerwin-Late Night Black Belt". Tae Kwon Do Times Magazine (September 2015): 1. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- on YouTube
- Santa Monica Daily News article: Talk Show Host Has Big Dreams by Jack Neworth
- Broadcasting & Cable Magazine, May 5, 2008 "Heeeeere's Kerwin!" by Ben Grossman
- LA Weekly