The Joker (Anthony Newley song)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Joker (musical song))
This article is about the song from the musical The Roar of the Greasepaint – The Smell of the Crowd. For the song by the Steve Miller Band, see The Joker (Steve Miller Band song).
The Joker is a song by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, from the 1964 musical The Roar of the Greasepaint – The Smell of the Crowd.
- Anthony Newley performed the song on the original cast recording.
- Sammy Davis Jr, on the album, 'Sammy's Back On Broadway' 1965
- Bobby Rydell, on the TV show Shindig!
- Sérgio Mendes, on the 1966 album, Herb Alpert Presents Sérgio Mendes & Brasil '66
- Wes Montgomery, on the 1967 album, "A Day In The Life".
- Shirley Bassey, on the 1968 album, This Is My Life.
- Mark Trevorrow, on the 2004 album, It's About Time.
- Gina Riley performed and recorded her version as the opening only theme to the Australian sitcom, Kath & Kim. This full recording also appeared on the 2004 soundtrack album, Kath & Kim's Party Tape.
- The Ultimate Broadway Fake Book (Songbook) 1458489515 Hal Leonard Corp. - 1984 - ... Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley PRODUCER: David Merrick with Bernard Delfont DIRECTOR: Anthony Newley ... The show's rich score contained 14 songs, many of which became standards including “The Joker,” “Feeling Good,” ...
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|