The Journal of Finance
|Discipline||Finance, economics, business|
|Edited by||Antoinette Schoar|
|ISO 4||J. Finance|
The Journal of Finance is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Finance Association. It was established in 1946 and is considered to be one of the premier finance journals. The editor-in-chief is Antoinette Schoar. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2020 impact factor of 7.544. It is listed as one of the 50 journals used by the Financial Times to compile its business-school research ranking and Bloomberg Businessweek's Top 20 Journals.
The following persons are or have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- Marshall Ketchum (University of Chicago, 1946-1955)
- Harold Fraine (University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1956-1958)
- Joel Segall (University of Chicago, 1958-1960)
- Harold Fraine (University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1961-1963)
- Lawrence Ritter (New York University, 1964-1966)
- Dudley Luckett (Iowa State University, 1967-1970)
- Alexander A. Robichek (Stanford University, 1971-1973)
- Jack M. Guttentag (University of Pennsylvania, 1974-1977)
- Marshall E. Blume (University of Pennsylvania, 1977-1980)
- Michael J. Brennan (University of British Columbia, 1980-1983)
- Edwin J. Elton and Martin Gruber (New York University, 1983-1988)
- René M. Stulz (Ohio State University, 1988-1999)
- Richard C. Green (Carnegie Mellon University, 2000-2003)
- Robert F. Stambaugh (University of Pennsylvania, 2004-2006)
- Campbell Harvey (Duke University, 2006-2012)
- Kenneth J. Singleton (Stanford University, 2012-2016)
- Stefan Nagel (University of Chicago, 2016-2022)
- Antoinette Schoar (MIT, 2022-present)
Each year the associate editors vote for the best papers published in the journal. The Smith Breeden Prize is awarded for the best finance papers and the Brattle Prize for the best corporate finance research papers.
- "The Journal of Finance on JSTOR". www.jstor.org. Retrieved 2021-02-21.
- Oltheten, Elisabeth; Theoharakis, Vasilis; Travlos, Nickolaos G. (2005-03-01). "Faculty Perceptions and Readership Patterns of Finance Journals: A Global View". Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. 40 (1): 223–239. doi:10.1017/S0022109000001800.
- "The Journal of Finance". 2020 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Clarivate. 2021.
- "45 Journals used in FT Research Rank". FT.com/UK. Financial Times. 2009-02-17. Archived from the original on 2009-06-21. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Full-Time MBA Rankings". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2008-11-13. Archived from the original on 2008-12-11. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- Kavesh, Robert A. (1970). "The American Finance Association: 1939-1969". Journal of Finance. 25 (1): 1–17. doi:10.1111/j.1540-6261.1970.tb00409.x. JSTOR 2325795.