The Journal of Finance
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Finance, economics, business|
|Edited by||Stefan Nagel|
The Journal of Finance is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Finance Association. It was established in 1946. The editor-in-chief is Stefan Nagel. It is considered to be one of the premier finance journals. According to the Journal Citation Reports, it had a 2015 impact factor of 5.290, ranking it first out of 94 journals in the category "Business/Finance" and 4th out of 345 in the category "Economics". It is listed as one of the 45 journals used by the Financial Times to compile its business-school research ranks and Bloomberg Businessweek's Top 20 Journals.
The following persons are or have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- Marshall Ketchum (University of Chicago, 1946-1955)
- Harold Fraine (University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1956-1958)
- Joel Segall (University of Chicago, 1958-1960)
- Harold Fraine (University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1961-1963)
- Lawrence Ritter (New York University, 1964-1966)
- Dudley Luckett (Iowa State University, 1967-1970)
- Alexander A. Robichek (Stanford University, 1971-1973)
- Jack M. Guttentag (University of Pennsylvania, 1974-1977)
- Marshall E. Blume (University of Pennsylvania, 1977-1980)
- Michael J. Brennan (University of British Columbia, 1980-1983)
- Edwin J. Elton and Martin Gruber (New York University, 1983-1988)
- René M. Stulz (The Ohio State University, 1988-1999)
- Richard C. Green (Carnegie Mellon University, 2000-2003)
- Robert F. Stambaugh (University of Pennsylvania, 2004-2006)
- Campbell Harvey (Duke University, 2006-2012)
- Kenneth J. Singleton (Stanford University, 2012-2016)
- Stefan Nagel (University of Michigan, 2016-present)
- Oltheten, Elisabeth; Theoharakis, Vasilis; Travlos, Nickolaos G. (2005-03-01). "Faculty Perceptions and Readership Patterns of Finance Journals: A Global View". Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. 40 (1): 223–239. doi:10.1017/S0022109000001800.
- Borokhovich, Kenneth A.; Bricker, Robert J.; Simkins, Betty J. (1994-06-01). "Journal Communication and Influence in Financial Research". The Journal of Finance. 49 (2): 713–725. doi:10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb05159.x.
- "Web of Science". 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "45 Journals used in FT Research Rank". FT.com/UK. Financial Times. 2009-02-17. Archived from the original on 2009-06-21. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Full-Time MBA Rankings". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2008-11-13. Archived from the original on 2008-12-11. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- Kavesh, Robert A. (1970). "The American Finance Association: 1939-1969". Journal of Finance. 25 (1): 1–17. JSTOR 2325795. doi:10.1111/j.1540-6261.1970.tb00409.x.