Journal of Speculative Philosophy
|Edited by||Vincent Colapietro, John J. Stuhr|
Penn State University Press (United States)
The Journal of Speculative Philosophy: a Quarterly Journal of History, Criticism, and Imagination is an academic journal that publishes systematic and interpretive essays about basic philosophical questions. Scholars examine the constructive interaction between Continental and American philosophy, as well as novel developments in the ideas and theories of past philosophers that have relevance for contemporary thinkers. The journal also features discussions of art, religion, and literature that are not strictly or narrowly philosophical. journal is published quarterly by the Penn State University Press.
An unrelated journal by the same name was established in 1867 by William Torrey Harris of St. Louis, Missouri, thus becoming the first journal on philosophy in the English-speaking world. The journal ceased publication in 1893, but the name was revived in 1987 at the Pennsylvania State University with the founding of the Journal of Speculative Philosophy.
If you would like to submit an article to Journal of Speculative Philosophy, please visit http://www.editorialmanager.com/jsp/ and create an author profile. The online system will guide you through the steps to upload your article for submission to the editorial office.
Current Editors and Editorial Board
- John J. Stuhr, Editor and Managing Editor; Department of Philosophy, Emory University
- Vincent M. Colapietro, Consulting Editor, Department of Philosophy, The Pennsylvania State University
- Mark Fagiano, Assistant Editor; Department of Philosophy, University of Central Florida
- Amy Allen, The Pennsylvania State University
- Alia Al-Saji, McGill University
- Karl-Otto Apel, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität
- Robert Bernasconi, The Pennsylvania State University
- Richard Bernstein, New School University
- Miguel de Beistegui, University of Warwick
- Megan Craig, State University of New York, Stony Brook
- William J. Gavin, University of Southern Maine
- Russell Goodman, University of New Mexico
- Leonard Harris, Purdue University
- Jennifer Hansen, St. Lawrence University
- Glen Helman, Wabash College
- David Hildebrand, University of Colorado, Denver
- Christopher Hookway, University of Sheffield
- Mark Johnson, University of Oregon
- John Lachs, Vanderbilt University
- Christopher Long, Michigan State University
- John Lysaker, Emory University
- John J. McDermott, Texas A&M University
- Erin McKenna, University of Oregon
- José Medina, Vanderbilt University
- Klaus Oehler, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Kelly Oliver, Vanderbilt University
- Lucius Outlaw, Vanderbilt University
- Helmut Pape, Universitat
- Hannover Gregory Pappas, Texas A&M University
- Nikita Pokrovsky, National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Sandra Rosenthal, Loyola University, New Orleans
- John Russon, University of Guelph
- Naoko Saito, University of Tokyo
- Lucia Santaella, Sao Paulo Catholic University
- Charles E. Scott, Vanderbilt University and The Pennsylvania State University
- Richard Shusterman, Florida Atlantic University
- Ellen Suckiel, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Michael Sullivan, Emory University
- Shannon Sullivan, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Sun Youzhong, Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Emil Visnovsky, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Mott, Frank Luther. A History of American Magazines, Vol. 3: 1865-1885. Oxford University Press, 1970. p. 385.
- Murphy, Arthur E. Reason, Reality and Speculative Philosophy. University of Wisconsin Press, 1996. p. xlvii.
- Official website
- Journal of Speculative Philosophy on the Penn State Press website
- Journal of Speculative Philosophy at Project MUSE
|This article about a philosophy journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.