The Journey of August King
|The Journey of August King|
|Directed by||John Duigan|
|Produced by||Sam Waterston|
|Written by||John Ehle|
|Based on||The Journey of August King|
by John Ehle
|Music by||Stephen Endelman|
|Edited by||Humphrey Dixon|
|Distributed by||Miramax Films|
The Journey of August King is a 1995 American drama film directed by John Duigan based on the 1971 novel of the same name by John Ehle, who also wrote the screenplay. It stars Jason Patric and Thandie Newton. The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 14, 1995, before later showing at the Chicago International Film Festival on October 13, 1995. It was released in theaters in the United States on November 10, 1995.
- Jason Patric as August King
- Thandie Newton as Annalees Williamsburg
- Larry Drake as Olaf Singletary
- Sam Waterston as Mooney Wright
- Eric Mabius as Hal Wright
- Maya Angelou voices as the film narrator
- "The Journey of August King (1995)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "The 31st Chicago International Film Festival – The Movies: Week 1". Chicago Reader. October 12, 1995. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "1995 — 31st Chicago Film Festival". Chicago International Film Festival. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
|This 1990s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|