The Jungle Book Groove Party
|The Jungle Book Groove Party|
|Developer(s)||Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Shanghai|
The Jungle Book Groove Party (The Jungle Book Rhythm N'Groove in North America) is a music rhythm video game developed by Ubisoft and published by Disney Interactive for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Featuring similar gameplay to the Dance Dance Revolution series, the game features characters and songs from Disney's The Jungle Book. The game was packaged with a dance pad.
The Jungle Book Groove Party loosely follows the story of The Jungle Book film, going through Mowgli's journey to the Man Village and the creatures he encounters along the way. The game is played in the style of Dance Dance Revolution with some differences, and can be played with either a standard controller or a dance pad. Arrows come down the top of the screen and the player must step on the corresponding arrow in time to the music. Missing arrows cause the fruit at the top of the screen to turn yellow and disappear, with the game ending if all pieces of fruit are lost. Power-ups can be activated by entering input commands in between arrows. These range from beneficial bonuses, such as point multipliers or automatically clearing arrows, to offensive items that hinder your opponent, such as blocking their view. The story mode takes Mowgli through nine levels, including two boss levels. The game also features a two-player mode allowing two players to battle against each other.
Some songs such as "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wan'na Be Like You" are from the original film; the new songs were written by Nicolas Maranda, who also arranged all the songs. A cover of "I Wan'na Be Like You" performed by Lou Bega can be unlocked by playing through the game.
- "The Jungle's No Place for a Boy" - performed by Bagheera
- "Join the Ranks" - performed by Hathi and Junior
- "The Bare Necessities" performed by Baloo
- "Go Bananas in the Coconut Tree" performed by the Monkeys
- "I Wan'na Be Like You" performed by King Louie
- "A Mood for Food" - performed by Kaa
- "We Are the Vultures" performed by the Vultures
- "Run" performed by Shere Khan
- "A Brand New Day" performed by Shanti
- "I Wan'na Be Like You" performed by Lou Bega
The Jungle Book Groove Party received mixed reviews. Aggregating review website GameRankings and Metacritic gave the PlayStation 2 version 63.47% and 56/100. and the PlayStation version 58.00%.
- "The Jungle Book Groove Party Release Information for PlayStation". GameFAQs. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "The Jungle Book Groove Party Release Information for PlayStation 2". GameFAQs. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "The Jungle Book Groove Party for PlayStation 2". GameRankings. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "The Jungle Book Groove Party for PlayStation". GameRankings. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "The Jungle Book Groove Party for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved May 11, 2014.