The Kelly File
|The Kelly File|
The Kelly File's title
|Genre||Current affairs program|
|Presented by||Megyn Kelly|
|Country of origin||United States|
New York City
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Fox News Channel|
|Picture format||720p (16:9 HDTV)
480i (16:9 letterbox SDTV)
|Original release||October 7, 2013 – January 6, 2017|
The Kelly File was an American news television program hosted by journalist and former attorney Megyn Kelly on the Fox News Channel. The program is a spinoff of The O'Reilly Factor, and focuses on late-breaking stories in a live format as well as news analysis and in-depth investigative reports interspersed with newsmaker interviews.
The program aired Monday through Friday live from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm ET. It was rebroadcast from 12:00 am to 1:00 am ET, however in the event of a breaking news story, the 12:00 am rebroadcast was replaced with an additional live show. A pre-recorded Sunday edition also aired, featuring the top story of the week.
On January 3, 2017, it was announced Kelly would be leaving the network to move over to NBC News. The last airing of The Kelly File was broadcast on January 6, Kelly's last day with Fox News. The show was replaced on Fox News' 9 pm time slot by Tucker Carlson Tonight, which relocated from the 7 pm time slot.
- Golum, Rob (30 September 2014). "Fox News Retooled Lineup". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "On Air Personalities". foxnews.com. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- Megyn Kelly To Exit Fox News This Week, Joins NBC News To Host Daytime Show & New Sunday Evening Newsmag – Update
- "Tucker Carlson Gets Megyn Kelly’s Fox News Channel 9 PM Timeslot," from Deadline, 1/5/2017
- "Tucker Carlson Gets Fox News 9 P.M. Slot," from Broadcasting & Cable, 1/5/2017
- "Megyn Kelly Says Goodbye on 'The Kelly File': "I Am Better for Having Been Here"". The Hollywood Reporter. January 6, 2017. Retrieved January 7, 2017.