The King's Name
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tor Books hardcover
|Cover artist||Julie Bell|
|December 2001 (1st edition)|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Pages||368 pp (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|ISBN||0-312-87653-X (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|LC Class||PR6073.A448 K54 2001|
|Preceded by||The King's Peace|
The King's Name is a fantasy novel written by Jo Walton and published by Tor Books in October 2001. It was Walton's second novel and a sequel to her first, The King's Peace. A prequel, The Prize in the Game, was published in 2002.
Sulien ap Gwien, a woman warrior and the ruler of a small part of the island of Tir Tanagiri, finds herself unwillingly drawn into a civil war that pits brother against brother and sister against sister. After surviving an attempted poisoning, she discovers that the sorcerer Morthu, an old enemy, is stirring up discontent and rebellion against her friend the High King. Sulien must bring together an unlikely group of allies and do battle in both the physical and the spiritual world to defeat the sorcerer and restore the rule of law.
- 2001, USA, Tor Books ISBN 0-312-87653-X, Pub date 1 December 2001, Hardback
- 2002, USA, Tor Fantasy ISBN 0-7653-4340-1, Pub date 18 November 2002, Mass Market Paperback
- "The King's Name. (SF/Fantasy/Horror). (Review)". Publishers Weekly. November 12, 2001.
- Green, Roland (October 15, 2001). "The King's Name. (SF/Fantasy).(Review)". Booklist.
- Nepveu, Kate (January 27, 2002). "Walton, Jo. (101-102) The King's Peace and The King's Name". Outside of a Dog.
- Stepney, Susan (March 19, 2002). "Jo Walton. The King's Name. Tor. 2001".