The King of the Sea
|Original title||Il re del mare|
|Language||English, Original: Italian|
Young adult literature
|Publisher||ROH Press (first English translation)
Donath (first Italian publisher)
|Media type||Paperback, Ebook|
|Preceded by||The Two Tigers|
|Followed by||Quest for a Throne|
Malaysia, 1868. A mysterious figure has armed the Dyaks and led them into battle against Tremal-Naik. Yanez races to the rescue but soon learns that Sandokan and his Tigers are also under threat. Despite eleven years of peace, the new Rajah of Sarawak, James Brooke's nephew, has ordered the pirates to leave their island home or face all out war. Is this the end for the Tigers of Mompracem?
Novels in the Sandokan Series:
- The Mystery of the Black Jungle
- The Tigers of Mompracem
- The Pirates of Malaysia
- The Two Tigers
- Quest for a Throne
Novels in The Black Corsair series
- Read the first three chapters.
- Read a review of the Sandokan series at SFSite.com.
- Read a review at Pirates and Privateers.
- Read a Sandokan Biography.
- Read about the historical Sandokan.
- Italy’s enduring love affair with Emilio Salgari, The Economist, June 2017
|This article about a historical novel of the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.