The Knot (2006 film)
|Mandarin||Yún shǔi yáo|
|Directed by||Yin Li|
|Produced by||Yin Li|
|Written by||Liu Heng|
|Music by||Zou Ye|
|Edited by||Zhan Haihong|
Long Shong Entertainment Multimedia Co. Ltd.
The Knot (simplified Chinese: 云水谣; traditional Chinese: 雲水謠; pinyin: Yún shǔi yáo; literally: "The Song of the Clouds and Waters") is a 2006 Chinese film directed by Yin Li. It was China's submission to the 80th Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not nominated.
They fell in love; Chen Qiushui was 20. Wang Biyun was 18. When Qiushui fled Taiwan after the 228 Massacre, Biyun gave him a gold engagement ring and they promised to meet again. Qiushui served as an army doctor during the Korean War, where he met Wang Jindi, a nurse from Shanghai who fell in love with him instantly. Years had gone by, Qiushui married Jindi and settled in Tibet. While in Taiwan, Biyun buried Qiushui's mother and continued to pray for his return.
Flashback to modern time, Biyun is living in New York. Her niece played by Isabella Leong, a writer, has travelled to Tibet to find out what happened to Qiushui. Through the pictures she sends back via internet, Biyun finally gets to see the familiar face once again.
- Chen Kun as Chen Qiushui / Chen Kunlun
- Vivian Hsu as Wang Biyun
- Gua Ah-leh as elderly Wang Biyun
- Li Bingbing as Wang Jindi
- Chin Han as Wang Tingwu
- Yang Kuei-mei as Xu Fengniang
- Isabella Leong as Wang Xiaorui
- Steven Cheung as Xue Zilu
- Athena Chu as Mrs. Wang
- "A Record 63 Countries Vying For Best Foreign-Language Oscar Nod". Yahoo! Movies. 2007-10-17. Archived from the original on September 26, 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
- Gaydos, Steven; McCarthy, Libby (2008-01-15). "Oscar's foreign film race heats up". Variety. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
- "云水谣获奖记录". Mtime. Mtime. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
|This article related to a Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|