The Korte Company
The Korte Company logo, 2006
|Privately held company|
|Industry||design-build, construction management, consulting|
|Todd Korte, CEO|
The Korte Company, founded in 1958, specializes in design-build, construction management and construction services, and is headquartered in Highland, Illinois, with additional offices in St. Louis, Missouri, Norman, Oklahoma, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The firm’s project expertise includes the design and construction of warehouse/distribution centers, religious facilities, commercial buildings, schools, recreation centers, office complexes, as well as a variety of projects for federal, state and local government agencies. The Korte Company manages, on average, an excess of $330 million in annual construction volume.
The Korte Company has been considered a pioneer through the late 20th century through new construction methods such as Tilt slab construction and design-build-furnish construction. The company is now run by Ralph Korte's son, Todd Korte. Ralph Korte still remains as a consultant and chairman of the board of directors.
- 1958 - The Korte Company, then named "Korte Construction", was created after Ralph Korte was approached to build a milking parlor near Pierron, IL.
- 1968 - Official headquarters opened in Highland, Illinois
- 1977 - First ConSteel Tilt-Up Building in Highland, Illinois
- 1981 - Korte Interiors division created
- 1986 - Headquarters moves to St. Louis Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri
- 2000 - Name changes from "Korte Construction" to "The Korte Company"
- Ralph Korte - 1958 though 1987
- Vern Eardley - 1987 though 2000
- Todd Korte - 2000 to present
Todd Korte is the current president and CEO of The Korte Company. Born in 1967, he is the son of The Korte Company's founder, Ralph Korte. He started at The Korte Company in 1981 as a warehouse worker. In 1989 he earned his bachelor's degree in construction science from Kansas State University. 
- Achievement Award, American Institute of Architects, 1/1/2005 
- St. Louis RCGA Top 50 Businesses Award, St. Louis RCGA, 12/9/2005 
- Kipp, Kevin (October 2001). "Korte Kin". St. Louis Commerce Magazine. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- "AIA Southern Illinois 2005 Design Award Winners". 2006-02-17. Archived from the original on 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2007-01-03.
- "Greater St. Louis Top 50 Awards". 2005-12-09. Retrieved 2007-01-05.