The Last House on the Beach
|The Last House on the Beach|
|Directed by||Franco Prosperi|
|Produced by||Pino Buricchi|
|Story by||Ettore Sanzò|
|Music by||Roberto Pregadio|
|Edited by||Francesco Malvestito|
|Box office||₤25.4 million|
The American title refers to Wes Craven's The Last House on the Left, and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas stated how "combining the nunsploitation subgenre with rape-revenge, the film deviates plot-wise from The Last House on the Left substantially, but arrives at a similar ethical conclusion".
- Florinda Bolkan: Sister Cristina
- Ray Lovelock: Aldo
- Flavio Andreini: Walter
- Stefano Cedrati: Nino
- Sherry Buchanan: Lisa
The Last House on the Beach was distributed in Italy by Magirus and released on April 20, 1978. Roberto Curti, author of Italian Crime Filmography 1968-1980 described the film as "performing very poorly in the Italian box office". It grossed a total of 25.4 million Italian lira on its theatrical release.
Roberto Curti stated that the film was one of the sleaziest sexploitation films. Curti noted that the plot progression was minimal, and what was left was "a succession of grim, misogynist and exploitative scenes: adolescent nudes, slow motion sodimizations, vicious wounds, assorted killings."
- Curti 2013, p. 254.
- Alexandra Heller-Nicholas. Rape-Revenge Films: A Critical Study. McFarland, 2011. ISBN 0-7864-4961-6.
- David Annandale (November 1, 2008). "Death-Proofing the Last House on the Beach". Upcoming Discs. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "The Last House on the Beach - Review". Fright.com. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- Gianluca Macrì (December 2, 2007). "Ray Lovelock: "It's easy when you're Big In Japan"" (in Italian). Omero.it. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|