The Last Royals
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Last Royals are an American Indie/Pop band from Brooklyn, NY.
The Last Royals, a duo of writer/singer/producer Eric James and drummer Mason Ingram first met in 2010 while recording a record to benefit Restore NYC, a charity focused on ending sex trafficking and restoring the well-being and independence of foreign-national survivors. Ingram's addition allowed James to expand songs originally recorded in late-night laptop sessions under the moniker The Early Hours, with an 8-song release called 'A Week And A Day'.
The Last Royals EP, Crystal Vases, and Ooh La La Records
The Last Royals partnered with Ooh La La Records to release a self-titled EP on November 16, 2010, including the track "Crystal Vases". The program director at SiriusXM's Alt Nation heard "Crystal Vases" and added the song to regular rotation in early 2011, where the song went to into the station's Top 18 Countdown for 5 consecutive months. The EP was hailed by numerous indie and blog outlets as ”Energetic, electro-pop songs that coincide with the most bittersweet sentiments...danceable beats, melodic-vocals and wistful words for your listening enjoyment.”, and a “Stark contrast between upbeat, danceable music and dark lyrics — a style choice made specifically to embody life in New York City”
While working on a debut full-length album, the band posted several downloadable cover songs in Spring 2011, including Unbelievable by EMF, If You Leave by OMD and Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinéad O'Connor.
In Spring 2012, The Last Royals toured as direct support to Lovedrug. On October 2, 2012, Ooh La La Records released an album teaser including 3 songs from The Last Royals debut album TWISTIFICATION, due out January 8, 2013. With growing press attention and coverage by from music blogs, The Last Royals played numerous shows at CMJ Music Marathon in New York City in October 2012.
REAL LOVE and I RAN Singles
NEVER BE ALONE single and album
In 2016 The Last Royals reverted to a solo project as James and Ingram parted creative ways and James began a new album in the original mode of The Early Hours, releasing a series of singles, 'Miles Away", "Promise You", "Tragedy", and 'If You Wanna Say I Love You Say I Love', over the summer.    A new album, titled NEVER BE ALONE, released on September 2, 2016   and a music video for 'Miles Away' directed by Dustin Cohen premiered the following week.
- "SNEAK PEEK: "The Last Royals" The Last Royals". The Owl Mag. 2010-11-16. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Interview With Eric James of The Last Royals: Restoring Royalty to New York City". Static Multimedia. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "ArtistDirect". ArtistDirect.com. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Padgett, Ray (2015-09-01). "Real Love - Single on iTunes". iTunes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Padgett, Ray (2015-09-01). "Real Love - Single on Spotify". Spotify.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Padgett, Ray (2015-09-01). "I Ran - Single on iTunes". iTunes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Padgett, Ray (2015-09-01). "I Ran - Single on Spotify". Spotify.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "East of 8th". eastof8thblog.com. 2016-08-22. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Miles Away". streettalkmedia.com. 2016-07-08. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Bio". thelastroyals.com. 2016-07-31. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "The Last Royals Drop Atmospheric New Album". baeblemusic.com. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "New Release". ifitstooloud.com. 2016-09-06. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "The Last Royals Video Premiere for MILES AWAY". Melodic.net. 2016-09-08. Retrieved 2016-09-08.