The Last of Robin Hood
|The Last of Robin Hood|
|Directed by||Richard Glatzer |
|Produced by||Christine Vachon |
|Written by||Richard Glatzer |
|Edited by||Robin Katz|
Big Indie Pictures
|Distributed by||Samuel Goldwyn Films|
The Last of Robin Hood is a 2013 American independent biographical drama film about actor Errol Flynn directed and written by Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland. The film stars Kevin Kline, Dakota Fanning, Susan Sarandon, Matthew Kane, and Max Casella. It was screened in the Special Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Kevin Kline as Errol Flynn
- Dakota Fanning as Beverly Aadland
- Susan Sarandon as Florence Aadland
- Patrick St. Esprit as Herb Aadland
- Matthew Kane as Ronnie Shedlo
- Max Casella as Stanley Kubrick
- Sean Flynn as Grip (Sean Flynn is the real-life grandson of Errol Flynn)
- Bryan Batt as Orry-Kelly
- Jane McNeill as Cynthia Gould
- Ric Reitz as Melvin Belli
- Jackie Prucha as Hedda Hopper
- Peter Belsito as Barry Mahon
- Joe Knezevich as John Ireland
- Ben Winchell as Jack
Killer Films set Richard Glatzer and Wash West to write and direct the upcoming true-story-based biographical film about legendary actor Errol Flynn. By April 9, 2014, Samuel Goldwyn Films had acquired the US distribution rights to the film.
On October 10, 2012, it was in the news that Kevin Kline and Susan Sarandon had signed on to star in the true-story-based biographical film. Kline would play the role of Errol Flynn, a legendary actor who was in a relationship with a 17-year-old girl, Beverly Aadland, and Sarandon would play Florence Aadland, Beverly Aadland's stage mother. On January 23, 2013, Dakota Fanning was added to the cast to play the role of Beverly Aadland, Flynn's teenage girlfriend. Patrick St. Esprit also joined the cast to play Herb Aadland, a down-to-earth engineer and Beverly Aadland's father.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, it has a score of 28% based on 65 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads "Kevin Kline's performance is spot on, but in every other respect, The Last of Robin Hood disappoints." Dakota Fanning was called miscast by several critics.
On June 24, 2014, the first trailer of the film was released.
- "The Last of Robin Hood". Box Office Mojo. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- "Kevin Kline To Star As Errol Flynn In The Last Of Robin Hood". cinemablend.com. October 10, 2012. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "The Last of Robin Hood". TIFF. Archived from the original on August 16, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Kevin Kline to play Errol Flynn". variety.com. October 10, 2012. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Dakota Fanning To Play Errol Flynn's Teen Mistress In 'The Last Of Robin Hood'". deadline.com. January 23, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Patrick St. Esprit joins 'The Last of Robin Hood'". variety.com. February 18, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Samuel Goldwyn Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Last Of Robin Hood'". deadline.com. April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "'The Last of Robin Hood', starring Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon, & Dakota Fanning, begins filming in Atlanta". onlocationvacations.com. February 1, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- The Last of Robin Hood at Rotten Tomatoes
- "Movie Review: Dakota Fanning, miscast again in "The Last of Robin Hood"". Movie Nation. August 27, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Lumenick, Lou (September 10, 2013). "Kevin Kline swashes, buckles in 'Last of Robin Hood'". New York Post. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Anderton, Ethan (June 24, 2014). "Kevin Kline Falls for Dakota Fanning in 'Last of Robin Hood' Trailer". firstshowing.net. Retrieved June 25, 2014.