The Le Van Family Musicians
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Le Van Family Musicians are a family of vocalists, pianists, and violinists who perform in a variety of styles and genres of music. Originally from Alsace, France, they moved to America in 2003.
The Le Van Family Musicians group is composed of four musicians, Eric Le Van, his daughters Sarah and Solene, and his son Sean. Eric plays the piano. Sarah plays violin, harp and sings. Solene plays violin, mandolin, guitar and also sing. Sean plays keyboards, drums and also sings.
The Le Vans have performed as guest soloists of the Cypress Pops Orchestra and of the Celeste Guild of the Pacific Symphony Orchestra, the opening concert of the 26th Jazz Festival in Munster (France), as well as in Carnegie Hall, Steinway Hall, Beverly Hilton (Los Angeles), La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts, Steamers Jazz Club, the Irvine Israel Expo, Cox Auditorium (Illinois), MGM Grand (Las Vegas), Mission Viejo Cultural Arts series, Livingston Community Concerts (Texas), among others. They were also invited to perform in the 3rd International Vianden Music Festival and Academy in Luxembourg. Recently, they appeared in the Anaheim Performing Arts Center gala concert alongside legendary performer Debbie Reynolds. Noted musicians have shared the stage with them, such as Berisford "Shep" Shepherd, Michel Hausser, Mourad Benhammou, Michael Le Van, Llew Matthews, Ron Kobayashi, Bruce Lett and Tim Pleasant.
They were selected to participate in NBC's America's Got Talent and featured in the French magazine Femme Actuelle as well as on France 3. Sarah was the first recipient of the Blanche Nissim Memorial Fund Award from the La Mirada Symphony Association for exceptionally talented young musicians at the age of 8. Among Solene's awards are a First Place in the Last Vegas USA World Showcase (2004), First Place on America's Most Talented Kids (2005), and Gold Medal at the American Association for the Development of the Gifted and Talented (AADGT) "Passion of Music" Competition (2010), at which her brother Sean took the Silver Medal.
- "Les petites filles prodiges". Les Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace (293). 14 December 2002.
- "The Best Entertainment". Orange County Register. January 20, 2005.
- "Family Captures Audiences with Musical Talents". Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "Cypress Pops Performs Tonight at Local Park". San Gabriel Valley Tribune. August 9, 2005.
- "Little Girls, Big Talent". The Event Newspapers. July 23, 2004.
- "Star-Progress". Orange County Register. September 25, 2005.
- "Jazz à Munster, entre tradition et découvertes". L'Alsace. 6 May 2013.
- "Mulhouse By Night".
- "Concert by the Le Van Family". Retrieved August 26, 2011.
- "Concerts for Youth Slated". The La Mirada Progress. 2 (2). February 2004.
- "Fullerton Events". Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- "Sarah and Solene Le Van featured on front page". Orange County Register. May 7, 2007.
- "Cultural Arts Programs of City of Mission Viejo". Retrieved March 10, 2006.
- "Le Van Family Gives an Outstanding Performance". Polk County Enterprise. December 8, 2011.
- "Concert with the Le Van Family". Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- "Des soirees exceptionnelles avec des talents exceptionnels" (PDF). Retrieved August 26, 2011.
- "Orange County Register". Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- . Broadway World http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Hershey-Felder-Joins-APAC-Foundations-Great-Gatsby-Gala-Fundraiser-Lineup-20141001. Retrieved September 1, 2014. Missing or empty
- Femme Actuelle. No. 936. September 2–8, 2002. pp. 16–17. Missing or empty
- "France 3 TV". Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Blanche Nissim Award".
- "The LeVan Family Musicians Come to Curtis Theatre". Broadway World. May 14, 2010.